• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You size up the situation and make the best decision, as ever. Wickedness can befall you at every turn, but that doesn't mean you should assume everything is out to harm you. You have judgement. Sometimes you mess up, and you have to fight your way out. Sometimes you don't. I hope your friend will be more cautious next time he stops to help a stranded driver (no matter how cute, how ugly, or how male they are). But I hope he won't stop helping people in need. We can't live our lives as cowards, and there is a price to be paid for that.

In the mean time, get more fighting skills. That's what they allow you to do: take on riskier situations and be safer. I take it that you don't know how to take someone down safely so he/she won't be able to sink a knife in your chest. There are people who can teach you to do that.

All I'm trying to say, is that people are saying what they would have done, and they weren't there.
    Reading about something is different than experiencing it.
    What you would do depends on hundreds of things that are too small to put into the story. Maybe even be able to articulate. You observe how people are, doesn't mean you can say exactly what those observations are.

And sitting at a computer, in a lit house, wide awake, is a lot different than:
    Waking up to a crashing in the house, it's dark, and you're half asleep. And your family might be in danger.

I'm not saying the shooter is right or wrong. I'm trying to get people to look at things outside of the way they are looking. Look at situation from a different perspective.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I
    Note that the girl walked into a multimillion dollar home. Maybe that's why charges are being pressed. Gotta protect rich people who are too stupid to lock their doors, and too afraid to take a bit of risk.

By the way, from the subject line I was expecting to read about a photo collage that was shot by a student while trespassing.

Well, I definitely won't shoot this girl if she comes into my bedroom.

Huh???
    Are you saying that if you found someone in your house, you wouldn't want them charged????
    I don't think I'm rich. But I think I would prefer charges. And if you would charge a teen that looks like a thug, but not charge a "cute" college girl. That seems to be making a statement. (Yes I know, you didn't say you would if the person looked like a thug)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've been extremely drunk on many occasions. I can be borderline alcohol poisoning and if I can still walk, I don't enter houses I don't live in.

Stupid people do stupid things. If those stupid people get shot while being stupid, maybe they'll learn. Not sure a felony charge is right (no problem at all with her being charged). Maybe she'll learn a lesson.

PS. I hate collages. Makers of collages should be shot.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I agree. I brought this up on another forum where this is being discussed. They law is not called the make my day law. I have no idea why gun owners adopted that phrase. I wish they hadn't.

I do not think gun owners started that trend of Make My Day, I think it was the anti gunners and the media trying to make us all look like Dirty Harry

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well I'm coming late to the party but

1) The girl is a graduate student so not some young irresponsible 18 year old freshman who just started bing drinking. Perhaps she just finihsed her thesis and this was the celebration for it. :dunno:

2) The video says that she has a prior charge (shoplifting that was dropped) so she aint no angel.

3) She walked into the house and was banging on the bedroom door so it's not like she was just "in the house". The home owners kept trying to communicate with her and she was not responsive.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    "she was shot during a 2-bit trespass".. who gives a rats butt.. trespass is trespass.

doesn't matter if she'd drunk, had criminal intent or not. (they can't prove criminal intent can they ?? after all, she WAS trespassing)...

the couple that shot her must have pretty poor aim IMO lol

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Well, we weren't there. A "cute" college student can be a load of trouble.
    You might "overpower" her, then stand back with a knife stuck in your chest, find out she's insane and off her meds.
    Friend of mine in the navy stopped his car to help a "cute" girl. Her "not so cute" male friend came up behind him with a baseball bat.
    Not saying if I agree with what happened or not.
    I wasn't there.
    Reading about something is not even close to having it happen to you.

Good point. I refuse to help anyone unders circumstances in which I feel that there is any encroachment on good situational awareness. I will, just for fun share my breakdown involving a cute girl and a guy story: I stopped to help and discovered a man who had run out of gas. As it so happened, I had an empty 5 gallon can, so we went to the station, filled it, returned, and was later rewarded with dinner with the cute babysitter who had patiently waited for the tardy dad (with no backup from mom who worked even later). Nothing came of it, but he tried to create an opportunity for me. :):

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Oh. Em. GEE!!

c'mon shes a pretty girl in a drunken stupor , unless she is violently attacking you
    In the first place, how were the sleeping homeowners supposed to know she was drunk and not all cracked out with a gun??
    Why are her looks even important at that time?
    I'm telling you, if MissFreakin'America enters my house unannounced and uninvited in the middle of the night, she is likely getting SHOT and no "bow chicka bow bow" music will be played at all.

This girl was drunk and in their house but there doesn't seem to be any evidence she was being violent, abusive or otherwise threatening. I personally think in this case that shooting here was a bad choice. If they had let her pass out on the bed
    The homeowners are awakened from SLEEP and are SHOUTING at her ...and she still keeps coming at them?? Sorry, dude...That is viewed as aggressive in my book! Pass out on a bed?? Holy ****, she ain't makin' it that far!!
    It seems like two people ought to be able to overpower a drunk, cute college student.
    Really?? How were they supposed to know if that person was the ONLY one in their home?? Thought process for normal people (after "OMFG!") should be;
    Are there others?
    Are they armed?
    Where are they located?
    Etc.!
    SHEESH!
    We train for combat not to use those skills at the drop of a hat, but so that we have the courage to use those skills appropriately and decisively.
    Who the EFF said the people were "trained"?? I didn't read that...did YOU?
    Note that the girl walked into a multimillion dollar home. Maybe that's why charges are being pressed. Gotta protect rich people who are too stupid to lock their doors, and too afraid to take a bit of risk.
    Right. That's the reason.
    And here's a little FYI...It's THEIR damn door on THEIR damn PRIVATE PROPERTY. They can do as they please! How about "if it's not your effing lawn, get off it!"?
    Well, I definitely won't shoot this girl if she comes into my bedroom.
    You sir, should fill out the I.D. Ten T form and have a seat in the corner.

murph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Lawrence County
    INGO's own, Murph, awoke recently to a drunk passed out on her couch. He left a brown trail out the door and down the hall when she got out her Mossy 12 Ga. Murph, you got anything to add? :D

:rockwoot:Haha not much really. I think they caught the guy because he did the same thing again only at a vacant house. He got caught because the neighbor noticed him and when he went to confront him the man's son (who was 16 and had a much higher BAC than his daddy) cold cocked him, so he called the cops. I drink, but come on people, if you can't handle your liquor don't drink. I'm very glad that my kids weren't at my house because it would've scared them to no end.

I was recently getting to know a man and he asked who I lived with besides my kids. I told him my friends Mossberg and Ruger so don't come knocking at my door. ;)

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    What a dummy, but I feel sorry for her. Since she is a 'Collage' student, can anybody direct me where I can donate some old magazines, scissors and glue for her?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I don't understand how you could be so drunk that you don't know where you are and still wandering around. I don't get it. I'm 55 years old. If I were to drink that much, I would just go to sleep. Actually, I would go to sleep before I ever got that far.

Top Bottom