• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Trying to decide between the two, coverage appears to be similar. Both will cover firearms, optics, ammo and the safe.

The premium appears to be a bit more with Eastern, but Eastern took longer to return my call for a quote.

Neither requires an inventory list, pictures or serial numbers.

Has anyone had to file a claim with either and have experience with them?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    No experience with either but..........check if they cover losses outside your home. My policy with State Farm covers any loss, anywhere!
    They do, they are "all perils policies". Most homeowners policies want serial numbers and pictures though...

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I did a ton of research. Went with Eastern - very happy so far with the results.

Eastern is a small outfit and they are based in New England, so don't expect the same kind of Midwestern hospitality you might get from other places, or for them to bend over backwards to make you feel special - this is a business transaction, after all. That said, Laura @ Eastern will tease you with some sharp, dry Boston wit if you can turn on enough of the charm. She is very professional, helpful, and to the point.

Unfortunately I've had to file one claim for a stolen handgun. The whole process took about two weeks for me to get a check in hand. The claims guy was easy to work with, and I felt the payout was fair after taking my deductible into account. Hopefully I don't have to deal with that again, but they were there when I needed them and asked next to no questions - about as good as it gets for an insurance company, IMO.

Long story short, Eastern has my vote.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I did a ton of research. Went with Eastern - very happy so far with the results.

Eastern is a small outfit and they are based in New England, so don't expect the same kind of Midwestern hospitality you might get from other places, or for them to bend over backwards to make you feel special - this is a business transaction, after all. That said, Laura @ Eastern will tease you with some sharp, dry Boston wit if you can turn on enough of the charm. She is very professional, helpful, and to the point.

Unfortunately I've had to file one claim for a stolen handgun. The whole process took about two weeks for me to get a check in hand. The claims guy was easy to work with, and I felt the payout was fair after taking my deductible into account. Hopefully I don't have to deal with that again, but they were there when I needed them and asked next to no questions - about as good as it gets for an insurance company, IMO.

Long story short, Eastern has my vote.
    Great feedback - thank you!

Top Bottom