Collecting Brass ... Now who can reload?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    I just started hand gun shooting a few weeks ago and have been saving my brass (9mm & 45ACP). I don't reload. Anyone in Sullivan Co area that might be interested in the brass, possbily in exchange for some reloads (especially the 45ACP)? :patriot:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Good to see you got started..

Nascar, welcome to the INGO shooting team!!

Glad to see you also saving your brass, it WILL come in handy on down the road.

Do not take it as a slam, but VERY few handloaders will come off of their loads to a complete stranger-too many negative things CAN happen with this.

Usually for a shooter, and non-handloader, it works out to befriend a few shooters+see if one of them does, or wants to learn to handload. Several of these shooters can spread the $ toward the tools+supplies to produce quality ammo at a discount price.

This system can+does also occur on INGO, but it will cost you a couple of breakfasts/lunches to make it happen! HA HA.

Good luck on your search+good shooting...Bill.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Who can reload ? Probably your best bet is...you. That's how I got started, I had saved my brass and wanted to shoot more. It was either reload or shoot less. Now says there's lot of help out there, go for it!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    With NASCAR season wrapping up, it's the perfect time for you to grab a book on reloading and learn a great new hobby! It won't take long and is a great way to relax during the winter. By the time spring rolls around, you'll be all stocked up and ready to shoot. ;)

Jetman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Cicero
    ProFire Reloading class.

With winter coming on, sign up and take one of Andrew's reloading classes. That is the best way to see if you enjoy the bench side of it. BillyBob 44 gave some good advice as well ( he is also my uncle, so watch what you say guys, blood runs deep). It would be $25 and an afternoon well spent, also, you will come home with a handful of .45acp you can shoot to see how it cycles, accuracy, etc.
    You have picked 2 easy calibers to reload, and and if you watch the INGO classified section you can pick up used equipment for reasonable money. If you have a neighbor that shoots, you may be able to strike a deal and work together in a mutually agreeable location to achieve cost effective goals.

Welcome to the group!

Jetman

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I agree with the rest. Make a few friends at the range and or your local gun shop. I am learning hand loading with my cousin and a couple buddys. I am not read to reload by my self yet but I am getting closer. It is fun to see the difference between factory and hand loads! Wow for the most part.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Or if you dont shoot very much, or want to get into reloading right now then sell the brass on here and reinvest the $$ into either loaded ammo or reloading components.....

I sell off the calibers that I dont reload like 9mm, I use a single stage and cannot recoup my time vs. savings on 9mm like I do on 5.56 or 7.62 rifle ammo.

Top Bottom