• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I'm wondering what your collections are or what you are trying to do.

Im trying to get all the primary and secondary weapons of WWI from all the major powers. Here is what I have.

Mosin nagant
    Nagant Revolver.

Mauser

Thats what I currently have wanting all the other weps and ive found them so one I find the money Ill move to WWII so what do you collect?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont really collect any special type of guns.

There are mainly two types of gun I want to own, the ones for self defense (either home defense or carry).In that you have mostly moderns firearms like semi-auto pistols, shotguns etc.

And the other type are the "fun guns", like the .22s plinkers, large caliber revolvers and such.

I dont collect any historical guns, even if I would like to own some of them.
    I dont have any guns for hunting either.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I like older bolts, levers and revolvers. Really like the old Savage bolts. Not real expensive, but great value and not that hard to find. Marlin levers in better condition seem easier to find than Winchesters. Ruger revolvers can be found unfired from time to time and priced ok.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Also if I had lots of money (a couple of millions) I would like to start a "Noah's Ark style gun collection". :D
    That's gathering a pair of every single gun I can find, modern or old.

That would be LOTS of guns.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    No specific collection here, just half dozen pistol/revolvers, a couple military grade rifles, two 22lr (for fun shooting) and and old double barrel that was my dads.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    My "collecting" has gone in spurts over the years, first it was shotguns, long barreled, doubles and pumps mostly, a couple of autoloaders but not many, then I went through a handgun buying spell for a year or two, and then I had a phase of rimfire fever. Then I took a little break from buying guns and bought a boat. Well the boat is paid off now so I'm back to playing with guns. For the past year I have been accumulating a few rifles, a Mosin started it, followed by an SKS, then AR, then AK and Draco...now I'm on the hunt for a 1911. Once I get that 1911 I'm not sure what the next "gotta have it" will be......but I'm anxious to find out

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't really collect on purpose, but once I find something I like, I tend to buy multiples in different variations. It went that way with Mosins. That kind of grew into bolt action military rifles in general. I was like that with Bersas for a while and am now on a CZ bender. Not really collecting, but just trying to have a bit of fun.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I'm a shooter, not a collector. I like guns that I can actually afford to shoot, and I like things that are a touch quirky or unusual. I'm on a big bullpup kick right now, and I really hope I can buy something with my end of year bonus. I haven't bought a gun in like six months, and that is just depressing.

manygunsmike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Cedar Lake Indiana
    Mosin Nagant main focus then any WWI or WWII surplus firearms
    .32 acp Pocket pistols
    .22 rifles
    12g shotguns
    "Saturday Night Specials"
    and just about any other firearm I like!

manygunsmike

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm wondering what your collections are or what you are trying to do.

Im trying to get all the primary and secondary weapons of WWI from all the major powers. Here is what I have.

Mosin nagant
    Nagant Revolver.

Mauser

Thats what I currently have wanting all the other weps and ive found them so one I find the money Ill move to WWII so what do you collect?

Home-run baseballs that my son hits.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    After establishing our home/carry protection, my WWll veteran father passed away at 90 years old. I began wanting an M1 carbine in honor of his service in Europe in WWll. I couldn't afford a USGI version at the time, so I bought a post-war Universal. Shortly after that My wife wanted a firearm to put with her dads memorabilia from WWll, so I got her a USGI 1911 Remington Rand for our anniversary.
    Recently, I found a USGI M1 carbine by Inland at a price I could afford.(INGO and its members are great!!) intending to sell the Universal.....but now I'm rethinking that.(postwar carbines have their own appeal.) During all this I bought a Mosin for the fun, but it seemed to fit into the WWll theme that was developing. Ahh....so it goes.
    It's a good thing I don't have much money...the safe would be entirely inadequate!! :D

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I tend to collect military weapons (AR's, MP5s, AKs, etc) and return them to a semi-factory state. In many cases this involves SBR-ing them, replacing parts, etc.

I loves all kinda guns, but think something like an UZI just looks dumb with a 16" barrel.

Top Bottom