• ...and so much more!
  • zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    Hey, I am writing a data analysis from a google form I created asking whether someone would carry a firearm for self-defense. I have written papers on the actual data of self-defense and gun violence, but I haven’t found any unbiased data (not from CNN, MSNBC, etc). It is a short google form, and boy did I get opinions.

Anyways, the only collected data is age and gender.

The questions are as follows:
    1.) Would you carry a firearm? Y/N/Maybe
    2.) Why/why not?
    3.) Do you think it is too easy to get a gun in the USA? Y/N/Maybe

I then list some reasons you would be denied/4473 and NICS, then ask:
    4.) Did you know all of the above stated? Y/N/Maybe

I have gotten some nasty responses, targeting myself. Apparently I am a “totalitarian with weapon wielding injustice.”

Anyways, I will post the paper here as a PDF. Or copy paste but, let me know what you think about it.

Most respondents are 18-25, too.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I'm interested to read your paper.

For what it's worth:
    Yes I would carry
    Because the bad guys do, and self defense is the primary responsibility of the individual. Additionally, the government has proven they don't prioritize protecting law abiding citizens.
    No, it is not too easy to get a gun here.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I will go out on a limb and guess that the majority of the responses verify that our youth have not been taught our Nation's history, or the text and basis of our Nation's foundational documents. Thus the responses you received are primarily based upon the talking points of the gun prohibitionists and subversives.

The forgoing is why I have advocated that our youth be required to pass the citizenship test, or a more difficult test, to obtain a high school diploma and demonstrate a knowledge of this Nation's Constitution.

I have also advocated for our youth to be required to learn gun safety and demonstrate marksmanship prior to obtaining a high school diploma.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I will go out on a limb and guess that the majority of the responses verify that our youth have not been taught our Nation's history, or the text and basis of our Nation's foundational documents. Thus the responses you received are primarily based upon the talking points of the gun prohibitionists and subversives.

The forgoing is why I have advocated that our youth be required to pass the citizenship test, or a more difficult test, to obtain a high school diploma and demonstrate a knowledge of this Nation's Constitution.

I have also advocated for our youth to be required to learn gun safety and demonstrate marksmanship prior to obtaining a high school diploma.

Education system really is broken……. The things they teach (beyond basic math read writing) are useless in any real life situation. And the things that they DON’T teach are even more irresponsible.

For example they will teach you _________ (insert any ball sport). Completely useless in real life….. but will not teach firearm safety and marksmanship, way to go gym class.

And they will teach about ancient history…… but will neglect to teach American history and barely speak of the constitution.

Also you can be imprisoned for messing up tax forms but they do nothing to prepare you to file them……

I laugh every time I take my phone out for math…. Thinking of my teachers yelling at me telling me I won’t be able to carry a calculator with me all the time…… I wonder what line they use now.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Hey, I am writing a data analysis from a google form I created asking whether someone would carry a firearm for self-defense. I have written papers on the actual data of self-defense and gun violence, but I haven’t found any unbiased data (not from CNN, MSNBC, etc). It is a short google form, and boy did I get opinions.

2.) Why/why not?

I have gotten some nasty responses, targeting myself. Apparently I am a “totalitarian with weapon wielding injustice.”

Anyways, I will post the paper here as a PDF. Or copy paste but, let me know what you think about it.

Do you hate children and puppy dogs?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

2.) Why/why not?

“Totalitarian with weapon wielding injustice” would be an awesome username. let me know if you want to change yours to this. :lmfao:

On a serious note, I would like to read this when you get it finished.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I remember survey responses from other students. That was a special layer of hell.

Ultimately 80-90% of my data in our mock studies ended up being "I made it the hell up" because it was easier than dealing with stupid people and the point was to learn the methodology, not actually prove anything.

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute

You’d be surprised how many said Yes or Maybe.

I think since we’re in a Indiana school, there are quite a few people who grew up in a positive environment around firearms.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    You’d be surprised how many said Yes or Maybe.

I think since we’re in a Indiana school, there are quite a few people who grew up in a positive environment around firearms.
    This was my experience at IU. On balance it was not pro-gun but we never seemed to lack of people willing to speak in defense of gun rights.

zbloxzoid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2023
    Terre Haute
    This was my experience at IU. On balance it was not pro-gun but we never seemed to lack of people willing to speak in defense of gun rights.

Indiana State University here. Most gave an honest thought, no matter the answer. Only 4 insults.

Top Bottom