• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    so does anyone know if color filling increases gun value or is it just a waste of time lol

Ron Cohen Alert! Ron Cohen Alert! Ron Cohen Alert!

This is not a drill, this is not a drill, general quarters, general quarters, all INGOers man your battlestations!

:D

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm not sure how it could possibly decrease the value when it takes literally five minutes to clean it off if you don't like it. It's not like you're engraving it.

Brilliant!!

Generally speaking, purely aesthetic modifications are a matter of personal preference, so performing them with the intent to sell may well narrow the market. I.E, polishing the barrel on a glock may make it more difficult to sell and actually reduce the value.

Color fill is such a trivial and easy to do/undo mod that it will likely have zero effect on value.

P.S. another earth-shattering thread by professor killshot.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It does. Here's mine from my link above:

qphu6o.jpg
    That's my gun!! ;)
    Here's my writeup on how to do it on the cheap:

Color Engraving on Metal Gun Slide

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have always been told that it will if anything decrease the value. That being said it didn't stop me from pulling out some enamel model paint and toying around with an 870 this past weekend painting the recessed lettering. It is practice for my M&P. It will be painted shortly after i get it this weekend most likely. My issue has been trying to track down some stencils I can use for the bottom of my mags.

I found a plastic stencil with numbers on it at Hobby Lobby. I am going to use that to number my mags. Of I may media blast the numbers on using the same stencil.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    I found a plastic stencil with numbers on it at Hobby Lobby. I am going to use that to number my mags. Of I may media blast the numbers on using the same stencil.

I should have been more specific. I am looking for a Marine Eagle,globe,anchor small enough to fit on my M&P9 mags

Top Bottom