Colorado State University in a frenzy, about to mass-vaccinate 10,000 students today

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    One person at CSU died of Group C meningococcal septicaemia (blood poisoning). Every death is a tragedy, but one is hardly an epidemic. Especially one death - of a person that already received the vaccine.

The CDC itself admits that the vaccine itself can cause death or produce Guillain-Barré Syndrome (coma/paralysis). Now 10,000 students in a row get to test their fates.

Group C is one of the four groups that the meningococcal vaccine is targeted against. Adame had been vaccinated against meningococcal disease in 2006, so it appears the vaccine failed to cover her.

Facts about vaccinating:
    Colorado State University Plans to Mass Vaccinate Over 10,000 Students

University President's message:
    Dr. Frank's Message to Students

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    The only poison I let them put in me is what I have to have to keep my job. I never get a flu shot, never get a pneumonia shot...I don't even remember if I got a Hep. B vaccine.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Guillain-Barré Syndrome is an allergic Reaction. It is a hyper-exaggerated reaction, and that is why it is deadly. Any vaccine to any person can cause this if the right (or wrong) protein insult happens. This happens most commonly in critical care (ICU) with folks and antibiotics. /threadjack

This is so silly that everyone is getting vaccinated because of one person getting sick. Staph infection is more rampted right now on college campuses then any meningococcal and nothing is being done about it. Someone is wanting to make a name for themselves or is in bed with a drug company.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Looks like a total of 5 people have contracted that specific strain, and 3 have died from it since June. Not quite epidemic, but Meningitis is extremely virulent, and quite deadly, so I understand their concern. Colleges are a haven for contagious diseases!

It also appears that CSU is encouraging folks to get immunized - not forcing them. The President's letter sounds totally optional to me.

I guess it is always your choice: risk the infection, risk the cure, or risk the inoculation.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I have a friend who spent 12 months paralyzed in a bed because of Guillain-Barré Syndrome, caused by vaccines forced on her in the military.

If you want to learn more about vaccines, the dangers, the truth.... consider coming to a FREE local event, on November 17, 2010 in Merrillville, IN. There is a vaccine researcher who will be guest speaker, at the Radison Hotel. Please let your family & friends know.

It is free because people put up money in order to wake you up.

Mary Tocco Presentation | LibertyStraightUp.net

Mary Tocco Presentation: Are Vaccines Safe & Necessary? | Facebook

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yes it is not forced, or the title of this thread would be quite different.
    "about to mass-vaccinate 10,000 students today" is very different than "encouraging that people in the high-risk age group of 2-29 get vaccinated for the disease" and "CSU will be offering the vaccine free of charge to all students in this age range who have not been vaccinated in the last three years"

Now, I understand you have an agenda, so I know why your thread titles are written that way. I guess I am much less emotional about this particular issue.

Carry on!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you want to learn more about vaccines, the dangers, the truth....

I think you have to be careful with this kind of talk, feels a bit like Oprah. Vaccinations have rusticated several types of diseases in this country, other superpowers and now many 3rd world countries. Saving Millions of lives at the cost of what.... a few hundred.

I support your educational cause, but that's about it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think you have to be careful with this kind of talk, feels a bit like Oprah. Vaccinations have rusticated several types of diseases in this country, other superpowers and now many 3rd world countries. Saving Millions of lives at the cost of what.... a few hundred.

I support your educational cause, but that's about it.

That kind of thing is addressed in the presentation. You may find that your premises are not as bulletproof as they have been made to seem.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "about to mass-vaccinate 10,000 students today" is very different than "encouraging that people in the high-risk age group of 2-29 get vaccinated for the disease" and "CSU will be offering the vaccine free of charge to all students in this age range who have not been vaccinated in the last three years"

Now, I understand you have an agenda, so I know why your thread titles are written that way. I guess I am much less emotional about this particular issue.

Carry on!

I think there is such a thing as a mass-vaccination effort that is not mandatory.

My agenda is to get you to look at both sides of the story so you aren't given the awful surprise that vaccines can hurt you or your family. I am supporting the event with my dollars so you can go attend for free. Such a sinister agenda.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think there is such a thing as a mass-vaccination effort that is not mandatory.

My agenda is to get you to look at both sides of the story so you aren't given the awful surprise that vaccines can hurt you or your family. I am supporting the event with my dollars so you can go attend for free. Such a sinister agenda.

We may be closer to the same "side" on this issue than you think. I agree that folks should make informed decisions on their health, and understand the risks and benefits of vaccines. I just happen to feel the vaccine reduces my risks, and you feel different.

I hope i didn't insinuate that your agenda was somehow "sinister". You are simply very outspoken in your opinion, and are willing to do a little word-play to make your point. There are a few topics where I might feel the same ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Since this is a presentation to be sure people are well informed on the issues, I assume there will be someone from the CDC or the NIH to give both sides? Or at the very least an epidemiologist educated in vaccines? I couldn't tell from your web pages, does Dr. Tocco have a medical degree, a PHD in something related?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    We may be closer to the same "side" on this issue than you think. I agree that folks should make informed decisions on their health, and understand the risks and benefits of vaccines. I just happen to feel the vaccine reduces my risks, and you feel different.

I hope i didn't insinuate that your agenda was somehow "sinister". You are simply very outspoken in your opinion, and are willing to do a little word-play to make your point. There are a few topics where I might feel the same ;)

I think there are some holes in the idea that vaccines are even effective in the first place. The girl who died already was vaccinated. They blame their failures on "not enough booster-shots." What a clever business model... and excuse for failure.

Nah, you didn't insinuate anything. Its all good. Sometimes people talk to me like I have something to gain in this fight. I don't. But I have been woken up by personal experience.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If you want the CDC's advice, go to Walgreens. And I sure as hell wouldn't sponsor an event with my own money to give the Government even MORE opportunities to preach. This is a presentation on what you aren't being told by your doctor. If you want to ignore the event and go get some booster shots that evening in protest, be my guest.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I studied immunology in college, so have a decent idea how the immune system works. To start, there are NO absolutes. No immunization is 100%, and they never claim to be. No immunization is 100% "safe" either. It is all a sliding scale of risks and rewards.

Sticking to just bacterial meningitis discussed in the OP:
    - untreated, it is nearly 100% fatal. (Meningitis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    - treated (in adults) is 10-14% fatal (1 in 10 to 1 in 6) (CDC - Meningitis: Clinical Information)
    - Survivors have a 11-19% chance to suffer long-term disability due to the disease (http://www.cdc.gov/meningitis/clinical-info.html)
    - The current infection rate for bacterial meningitis range from 0.5 - 5 per 10,000 (CDC - Meningitis: Clinical Information)
    - Inoculation has been shown to be nearly 90% effective (Meningitis Vaccine - Meningitis Research Foundation)

On the flip side:
    - Several allergic reactions to the vaccine are reported in 1 out of every 500,000 cases (Meningitis Vaccine - Meningitis Research Foundation)
    - GBS has been reported following Meningococcal vaccination in 26 cases out of 15,000,000 doses. (CDC - GBS And Menactra - Vaccine Safety)

I am mildly interested to hear "the other side" presented in the seminar you posted. However, a quick google on the presenter shows she is not an immunologist or even a researcher. She is a chiropractor by training, and a professional public speaker by trade (Mary Tocco's Bio).

I'm not all that fond of needles, so rather than get a booster shot "in protest", maybe I'll just go lick a doorknob.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I guess I understand why he did not respond to my question about her curriculum vitae.

I was responding on my phone and didn't have her resume sitting in my lap at the moment. I can't imagine there would be many answers that would satisfy you anyways. Unless, of course, she was speaking for the government.

I am mildly interested to hear "the other side" presented in the seminar you posted. However, a quick google on the presenter shows she is not an immunologist or even a researcher. She is a chiropractor by training, and a professional public speaker by trade (Mary Tocco's Bio).

Speaking of word play, "professional public speaker" doesn't appear on her bio at all. It says she's been in the natural health care field for 30 years, runs a clinic, and she's founder of several boards & organizations. I don't know how much "research" one has to do to be considered a "researcher" but I can assure you she has done plenty.

I think if she was an official "immunologist" she would have spent years and years being conditioned to only accept the Pharmaceutical solution to all of life's problems. You will never hear a speech like this from somebody with that kind of background. It would be like asking an Anarchist why he doesn't run for elected office; it runs counter to his core beliefs. The same can be said about why an immunologist doesn't criticize vaccines.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." -Upton Sinclair

Silvertree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Speaking of word play, "professional public speaker" doesn't appear on her bio at all. It says she's been in the natural health care field for 30 years, runs a clinic, and she's founder of several boards & organizations. I don't know how much "research" one has to do to be considered a "researcher" but I can assure you she has done plenty.

I think if she was an official "immunologist" she would have spent years and years being conditioned to only accept the Pharmaceutical solution to all of life's problems. You will never hear a speech like this from somebody with that kind of background. It would be like asking an Anarchist why he doesn't run for elected office; it runs counter to his core beliefs. The same can be said about why an immunologist doesn't criticize vaccines.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." -Upton Sinclair

If Tocco were an actual immunologist, she would understand science. Her bio states she managed a chiropractic clinic, not that she is a chiropractor. She has no scientific training at all. She is an office manager.

You asked how much research one has to conduct in order to be considered a researcher? Well, having at least one study published in a peer reviewed scientific journal is normally required in order for credibility in the scientific community. Notice I said the scientific community, not just the immunology community. Interesting that we don't see that with any of her "research" now do we? Don't come back with any "it would be against their beliefs" type of nonsense either, because there is nothing a scientific journal loves more than publishing controversial findings from a credible study.

Anytime I read about a "natural living expert" like I did in her bio, all I can think of is:
    xkcd: Dilution

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Wow. Yeah, vaccine-salesmen aren't on board with this presentation. I got it. Incredible.

You guys debunked all her information without even hearing it. +1 for being so wise. :koolaid:

Top Bottom