• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm sorry, but this doesn't seem like the "right" thing to do....

The unidentified homeowner... reportedly went outside his home in Littleton and fired shots into the car at the fleeing suspect.

Understandable? Perhaps. But "right"? I'm not convinced.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    printcraft on jury would NEVER convict.

Sorry, occupational hazard of being a criminal.
    Until it is legal to rob someone (.gov excluded) the victim WINS every. single. time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    First, Craig's List. Never NEVER meet at your home.

Second, I think the victim is gonna have a hard time staying out of jail, even if he may have done the community a solid.

"The unidentified homeowner, who managed somehow to untie himself after the robbery, reportedly went outside his home in Littleton and fired shots into the car at the fleeing suspect. The man in the car was reportedly identified as David Martinez, 38, who has a long criminal history of burglary, theft and drugs. Martinez crashed the car about a block later and died."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    When the person is fleeing and no longer an imminent threat, it is not self-defense or justice. It's vengeance. If that's what happened, he should​ be prosecuted.

I must agree with you, counselor. Unfortunately. I can imagine how all the adrenaline from the fear you will be killed can flash over into rage, but the danger is obviously over and its not a good shoot. Which is not to say I wouldn't support being allowed to protect property with lethal force.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We will never know what would've happened if you didn't shoot the bad guy. It doesn't look like it was a good shoot, but the bad guy certainly wasn't on the distinguished path.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    not guilty /= "right"

I mean, I'm not sure I'd vote to convict if I were on the jury, either. But, that doesn't make it the right thing to do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Certainly the circumstances should play into what he is charged with and if convicted, the sentence.

However, as a matter of public policy, if it was truly shooting at someone when fleeing and there was no imminent threat, I think charges need to be brought.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Only the police are allowed to shoot a fleeing fellon to keep him from harming others. Oh wait, not if he is a good boy turning his life around.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Does any state allow civilians (apart from sworn) to fire on fleeing felons?

Top Bottom