Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    Colt 1911 Government Series 70 Series Nickel Finish in Lafayette area $750

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Selling my 1911 Colt 70 series. I bought this gun a few years ago and has served me well. Actually, it has sat in my safe awaiting me to start the project of repairing the two blemishes (1 on the slide, 1 under the grip). The previous yahoo engraved his initials on the slide and scratched a similar size area in the nickel finish below the grip. This second area is hidden below the grip and not noticeable. The only thing Ive changed were to have a slotted trigger and extractor added. I will include the stock trigger if you would like it.

This would make someone a great dependable carry piece, glovebox gun, or project to revitalize. Ive checked into having the nickel finish replated (and even bought a kit Ill be selling); but never had the guts to do it. I figured since I'm not the type of guy to put in my own trigger, then I'm the type of guy who has no business w/electroless nickel plating. The kit itself only cost around $150 and can do several guns, so either sending it out or refinishing yourself; it isnt isnt bad costwise.

Looked on Gunbroker and feel $750 is a good deal for this Colt. Also, the grips in the photo are not included, unless you buy at asking price. I also have the rubber Colt 1911 grips that came with it and will include one colt magazine. Also, as you can see the gun is used. I have described the blemishes on the gun. There are likely other scratches somewhere, so I welcome you to come look for yourself. As I post these, I just noticed how horribly I nicked my countertops moving the gun around:(. So anyway, if you do reply with a I'll buy it, and decide to buy no hard feelings. Someone is going to get a great deal and buy this. I just have a business (and sadly playing with big boy toys isn't it) and thus don't have a lot of time to send additional pics. This is also why I just decided to sell instead of trade, it seems like I get too many offers for sks rifles (even when I say no sks rifles...ha No offense;).

Cash only, FTF in Lafayette. Call or text to setup times to BUY. 7654272772

Edit: 2/21/2016...Per a buyer's request, I contacted colt to pull all the specs on this. It is in fact a mark IV colt 70 series, and was mfg in 1983. Also, since I am still getting trade offers...the only thing I would be interested in is a HK P30, M&P 9 Performance (w/slotted slide), or Beretta Ninety-two (not the 92fs)...these were pretty rare. I will add $ as needed. So, if the gun is not on this list, no thank you and the colt's price is listed above.

attachment.php

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom