Please reply by conversation.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    GONE GONE GONE

Bought this last week, and then found a 1903 Springfield that I couldn't live without. So to offset the purchase of the '03, this one is going out.

For sale is a super cool Colt 1917 chambered in .45ACP. This was made in either 1918 or 1919. It's fully functional, and a very accurate shooter. They typically come with standard wood service grips, but these have vulcanite grips which are much more uncommon. One very cool feature is the lanyard loop on the bottom of the grip, as well as US Army markings. There is expected finish wear in the usual places. This gun was clearly a serving sidearm.

For those who are unfamiliar with these, they came about during WWI when the Army didn't have enough 1911s to send overseas. The Army had Colt adapt their 1909 New Service frames to make these. All in all, a very cool piece of history that will only appreciate in value.

Included with the gun are 14 full moon clips and four half moon clips.

Asking 750 OBO, but keep it reasonable please. Do some research before trying to offer me $300 for it. FTF only, would prefer to keep it in the Indianapolis/ Central Indiana region, unless you give me a killer trade deal.

Only trades I would be interested in are: Entry level AR15 (Del-ton, Palmetto, Stag Arms etc), Kel-tec Sub2000 9mm Glock variant, Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded or Champion Operator, or a Sig P238 or 938. + or - cash can be worked out via PM.

Will need to see IN drivers license.

PM for more detailed pictures or with any questions. Thanks!

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom