• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I don't think they would as politicians would probably push them to the brink but compromise at the last minute, that said I think they should and would LOVE to have them in Indiana.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    There is some HUGE space for them to move into in Charlestown, IN. Smack dab in the center of the US and it's located on the Ohio River, and the largest UPS shipping center in the world. It would be an ideal place to place a business.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    They will probably move to Golden CO. So if they need any R and D help they can call on the guys at Gunsmoke.;)

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Colt and Remington, please move your business to the Great State of Indiana. Here you are wanted. There you are not.

Sinerely yours,
    VN Vet

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Facility One (or whatever they are calling it these days) is exactly what I was thinking. Access to 3 major highways, plenty of land and labor, pro 2A politicians, and a state that would actually want them.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I hope they move to the midwest too. I'm continually amazed at how stupid lawmakers are. People have been filling the serial numbers off guns for as long as there's been serial numbers... do they think people won't replace or modify the firing pin? Moron's

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Hope you all don't mind, this is the message I sent to Remington's general email box:

Please forward this message to Steve Jackson.

Sir,

We, the workers and enthusiast residents of Indiana anxiously await your factory’s arrival.

Below is a recent thread on a very popular firearms forum based in Indiana. Take a look at the comments on the topic of “Microstamping”:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../232477-colt_and_remington_plants_moving.html

I am quite certain you would find the government and the workforce of Indiana quite happy to be your host.

Best Regards,
    John Xxxxxxxxx
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I am somewhat experienced in the type of manufacturing these companies do, and would like to work for either one of them, but I carry a Taurus or a Ruger, wonder if that would be a problem?:):

Top Bottom