• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Sounds good!! Or disused term for a person with a mental age between 8-12 years old, and a commmon insult for a person considered Stupid!!!

What with your superior intellect and reading comprehension..........I'd expect our fellow INGO AR shoppers to be greeted by you at said place of sale.

DP1961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    39.4806 N, 86.0550 W
    Sure not a problem. And I am always in focus. Especially of my surroundings. And I to am a Operator. ( If you are not willing to give up everything you have already lost)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Asked at my Wal-Mart today. It seems only certain stores can order. All other stores just get what they get. That is unfortunate as the closest store that can order is about an hour away from me. Oh well...

The Dept Managers at Walmart can order whatever they want. If they tell you differently it's b/c they either don't know or are to lazy to do it. When I lived in a very small town in Kentucky the tiny WM there had Weatherby and Beretta Over/Unders in the rotating rack. Found out the Dept Manager liked to shoot Trap. If they didn't sell within a certain time frame he got to mark them down and sell em off. I'm sure most ended up at his or his friend's houses. Each Dept has to order certain things but also has the freedom to order anything that is available to WM. Of course if a store doesn't carry guns they can't but if they carry them they can order whatever you want. Same for Cameras.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    On MSNBC they had a special on how WalMarts ordering system is computerized based on sales. I guess you would call it an automated ordering process where trucks are leaving warehouses on a hourly basis. I wonder if WalMart has a warehouse of guns and ammo just stockpiling everything. Ammo seems to never be delivered in our town. I have no idea about guns because they don't carry guns.

From what one guy in sporting goods told me, yeah...I think they do have a warehouse of some of their "special order" guns. I had asked about a Howa rifle and the one I was wanting came up $150 under the same rifles, same caliber, with a different finish (I was wanting it in coyote tan/brown). He called and put them on speaker phone. I heard them saying that it was a discontinued model (just that finish) and the system showed that the last one they had was shipped to another store 2 days earlier.

As far as the Colts, the same guy from above told me they were going to be getting them but he wasn't sure when they'd start shipping (he told me about 2 months ago). I've seen a Sig 556 at the Walmart closest to me for $997.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    The Dept Managers at Walmart can order whatever they want. If they tell you differently it's b/c they either don't know or are to lazy to do it. When I lived in a very small town in Kentucky the tiny WM there had Weatherby and Beretta Over/Unders in the rotating rack. Found out the Dept Manager liked to shoot Trap. If they didn't sell within a certain time frame he got to mark them down and sell em off. I'm sure most ended up at his or his friend's houses. Each Dept has to order certain things but also has the freedom to order anything that is available to WM. Of course if a store doesn't carry guns they can't but if they carry them they can order whatever you want. Same for Cameras.

If I was thinking of buying there I might have dropped this new found knowledge on the unlucky department manager that didn't want to do his job. The thing is I just don't think I could bring myself to buy a gun at walmart. They don't even have the best price out there I don't think.

Top Bottom