• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Nope, Colt manufactures Walmart AR-15s in China and imports them into the USA.

I understand some people think Walmart sources sub par products but I seriously doubt a firearms manufacture would produce a sub-par product so Walmart can sell it for a "cheaper" price. Especially a company with the reputation of Colt.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Does a blond with 36DD's poop still smell as bad as the one I'm taking now? Yes.
    Well... probably not actually.

Jmebd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I think they are all sub-par at wal-mart so better save your money...I'll do my civic duty and buy them up so nobody has to waste their money!

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Colt did change up the 6920 a bit however (to save money?)..

No longer comes with a removable carry handle (has back up type sight). Also no side sling adapter that their M4 is famous for. Also, the Rogers butt ugly butt stock is standard.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis

No longer comes with a removable carry handle (has back up type sight). Also no side sling adapter that their M4 is famous for. Also, the Rogers butt ugly butt stock is standard.

Different roll marks too

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Walmart tells vendors what they will pay for an item. The vendor must decide if that works or if they will have to compromise quality to make money at that price.

I have no idea if they are the same quality. I wouldn't be surprised if they are made from parts that wouldn't normally pass muster.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Is Miller Lite from Wal Mart any worse than Miller Lite from a liquor store?

Actually, alot of beer at wal-mart has a lower alcohol percentage than beer from a liquor store. One that comes to mind is sierra nevada pale ale. 5% at wal-mart, 7% at liquor store, but no, im sure guns are the same as anywhere else.

Last edited:

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    The Colts at Walmart are the same as every other. When you buy in greater quanity the prices are cheaper.

Do you really think Colt has setup a line to run rifles for Walmart out of cheaper parts?

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG

Yes they sure did. 2013 configurations come with different goodies.

No USGI magazines X's 2
    No cleaning kit.
    No side sling adapter.
    No sling.
    No A-3 carry handle.
    Most people swap out most that stuff anyhow. Not really a big deal. Would've been nice too see a price reduction instead on an increase.

Now they come with.

Rogers super suck stock
    QD sling swivel
    Magpul MBUS
    1 Gen-2 MOE P-mag

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    The Colts at Walmart are the same as every other. When you buy in greater quanity the prices are cheaper.

Do you really think Colt has setup a line to run rifles for Walmart out of cheaper parts?

Lots of manufacturers sell lesser quality tools at big box stores. As an example you may have a dewalt power tool with a HD prefix in the part number That means it is specially made to sell at Home Depot and probally has some cheaper components in it than one sold at a specialty tool store. This is common knowlege amongst guys looking for the best quality tools. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that a firearm mfgr wouldn't do the same with walmart.

Jesco White

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Actually, alot of beer at wal-mart has a lower alcohol percentage than beer from a liquor store. One that comes to mind is sierra nevada pale ale. 5% at wal-mart, 7% at liquor store, but no, im sure guns are the same as anywhere else.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is 5.8%, everywhere. The Torpedo IPA is 7%. Labels look similar. As for the POrter or the Hefeweisen, not sure, I don't drink those. Check your label.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good

^This is completely wrong^
    The beer you get from any liquor store or Wal-Mart has the same distributor(Bloomington area is Best Beers/Monarch).

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Well darn, you guys are right. I did a little research though and figured out why i was wrong. My buddy used to live in colorado, and theres a law out there where beer in grocery stores has to be like 3.2 percent volume by wieght, or i think 3.8 percent total content, atleast when he lived there. Theres been alot of fighting over that law. So they had weaker versions of it out there for that reason. I could have sworn i checked here in walmart and they were different though, but I guess i'm just making things up. Lol. Oops. He must have thought that was a federal law when he told me.

Top Bottom