• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    None of these companies will move to Indiana. We still have too many democrats on the books and our laws still aren't the best they could be. Don't get me wrong, we are a VERY gun friendly state, but still not as much so as others.

The amount of $$ it would take to relocate, these companies will be looking for decades of stability in whatever state they end up in. Texas or Montana come to mind.
    It seems to me a lot of companies have left In. in the past couple of decades leaving unused manufacturing space.We still have the people accustomed to doing this kind of work.(making things)Gov Pence seems to get it when he announced more funding for vocational schools.Gov Pence,our mayors,economic development commissions should be all over these types of things.:twocents:

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I would work for them part time for no salary or benefits. They could pay me with product. They would save a lot of $$ and I would be very satisfied.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Talks cheap, if they join the industry boycott list, I'll start to listen. Until then, I won't pay attention to what they say. Actions speak louder than words.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A move would not necessarily cost a company much money. If the state government wants a company to relocate to their state, they can offer all kinds of incentives to bring them in.

mosinfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Agreed... talk is cheap and actions speak louder than words... however southern IN would be a great place to locate. The Ohio river, Interstate access, skilled manufacturing base(we have TMMI and subsidies here among others), central location to Indy, Nashville, St Louis, Louisville, .....

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I am hoping Colt does move (maybe to Indiana?) only then will these states realize what mistakes they are making legislating gun restrictions.
    I don't think these states really care at this point. Their agenda being pushed is to be rid of these evil weapons, and if they have to sacrifice jobs and revenues to do it, then that is the sacrifice they will make. Until the brainwashed voters in these states see the light (not) then these actions will continue. The Constitution matters little to them as they see themselves as the enlightened and smarter than everyone else.:twocents:

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Plenty of empty factory space available in Jefferson/Scott counties, probably elswhere as well. I know there are plenty of unemployed people who would jump at the chance to get a factory job in these parts. The state would have to make one hell of a sweet relocation package to get it done though.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Magpul found out ,as Colt will, that even with the possible loss of MILLIONS of tax dollars, the left won't care. They'll do what they can to end gun rights in this country. Colt just needs to pull up and leave. If enough companies do this, they may be finally able to influence things.

seabassz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I agree that Pence should be visiting Colt headquarters tomorrow. We can use the jobs, and it may help re-cement our rights in the state's Constitution.

Top Bottom