• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I got a colt Diamondback in a trade deal today, I am not looking to keep this gun. I was wanting ti sell to get my money back from the trade, and the gun would be much better suited in the hands of someone who is a little more pationate about colts. My question is this. I was told it is a 1967 model. But I cannot find a serial # anywhere? Just the word Diamondback on the barrel with place of manufacture, and a colt emblem on the wood grip. The blueing is worn in places, and believe me, the gun looked like it is 40+ yrs old. How do I find out more about this so I can give an accurate description while trying to sell??? Thanks for the help!!!

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Why do you think you may have been screwed, what was the trade. The diamondback is actually worth decent money. If you decide you want to sell it I bet it wouldn't take long here unless you put a crazy price on it. I believe the serial number is under the swing arm. Open up the cylinder and look under it. It could be under the grips also. Also as asked is it a 22 or 38.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Colt Diamondback serial numbers - Maryland Shooters
    I was just looking at a few things and it is under the yoke. If it is a 67 model it will have a serial number between D2600-D14400. If it isnt in this range this chart should let you figure it out. The diamondback came out in 66 so you have a very early model. If you shoot it you might really like it. Nothing shoots like a colt revolver. I personally would love to have the diamondback especially if it is a 22.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    O.k.. I found the serial # on the swing arm, it is d18750. So I know now its an early model, but the year is still unknown. The gun is not in perfect condition by anymeans. I think I might have been screwed because gave about 600 in trade for it. I made the deal based on some photos and didn't have the heart to back out on the deal while face to face. And I am by no means really disappointed. I love having the gun. But in its condition I just don't know if I'm gonna be upsidedown on the trade. The blueing is worn in some places, the cylinder has wear, the barrel has been worn from holstering, etc.etc... function excellent, grip is really in good shape.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    That serial number is from 1968. You should be able to get your $600 and then some for it. If the cylinder locks up good and everything else functions fine you should be in good shape. It is still a colt snake gun.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yep, if that's the correct serial number it's from 1968. Can you post pics? If the wear is not to bad you should be able to recoup your investment pretty easily.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Yeah all the functions are perfect, trigger on these things are sweet. Timing is perfect on the cylinder, if that makes any sense.lol! As you can see I'm not a big revolver man. Everything sounds and feels solid when functioning.

Compuvette

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Yeah all the functions are perfect, trigger on these things are sweet. Timing is perfect on the cylinder, if that makes any sense.lol! As you can see I'm not a big revolver man. Everything sounds and feels solid when functioning.

You shouldn't have any problems getting your money out of it. I have a 38 4" Diamondback and paid a pretty penny for it.

2012-04-25150419.jpg

Post up some pictures of yours and we should be able to give you an idea on value.

Top Bottom