• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    I've done a bit of research, but having trouble deciding what sling to buy for my new Colt. I like the look of the single point systems, but I've never carried a rifle like that. I've only carried an M-16A2 with the regular 2-point sling at the end of the buttstock and the clip under the front sight. What are the advantages of each type of set-up and what slings/mounts do you recommend? Mostly a plinker, with minimal to no "tactical" action. Maybe some 3-gun in the future, but it appears that most 3-gun stages don't really require a sling of any type.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Blue Force Gear quick adjust 2 point is my go to sling if i'm not all geared up. Very adjustable and can be used to carry the rifle in many many ways

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I've done a bit of research, but having trouble deciding what sling to buy for my new Colt. I like the look of the single point systems, but I've never carried a rifle like that. I've only carried an M-16A2 with the regular 2-point sling at the end of the buttstock and the clip under the front sight. What are the advantages of each type of set-up and what slings/mounts do you recommend? Mostly a plinker, with minimal to no "tactical" action. Maybe some 3-gun in the future, but it appears that most 3-gun stages don't really require a sling of any type.

The Magpul sling is perfect for you as it is 2-point/1-point.

MS3 is what the sling is called, several different ways to attach it depending on your AR setup. Here is a couple general pictures to give you a idea.

If you are running Magpul hardware and want to handle/check out my setup I am about 35min. from Zionsville, I would not buy/run a setup without checking out someone else's first.

I first bought the Blue force gear 2-point sling and hated it (although the rest of the world loves it), a single point sling has many advantages including being able to shoot right or left handed as well as being able to lay down and shoot.

mxxkffg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 15, 2011
    southside Indianapolis
    I would suggest you check out urban e.r.t. slings if you are wanting a tactical sling. They are very nice, high quality and made right here in Indiana. When I bought mine a few years ago a guy even met me somewhere so I wouldn't have to pay to have it shipped. Elmores on the Southside use to stock them.

If you don't need anything tacticool then I suggest the the tried and true M-1 sling. Very durable, proven, light weight and cheap. It's what I run on almost all my rifles and shotguns. Best thing about it for me is when it's not in use you just sinch it up tight against the side of your rifle and it's not dangling and swinging all over the place. Plus you don't have a separate and piece to worry about. It's all tucked up nice and neat.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Meaning you can run either/or?

Yes, as seen in the photos, it is a two point sling that you unlatch the front and latch it back into itself to make it one point, I can do it under stress with my eyes closed. I leave it in two point mode and once slung hook it to itself.

I am sure there are tons of YouTube videos showing it being used.

I am a huge fan and couldn't ponder using anything else, yes I have tried the others.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    A friend of mine ended up giving me a Blackhawk "Swift Sling" 3-point. It seems to have good adjustability, and I'm running it in a 2-point set up right now until I get more familiar with the adjustments, etc. Seems to be decent for what i'll be doing. And I really couldn't beat the price...

Top Bottom