• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I have been having a problem with the firing pin just barley hitting the outer rim of the casing of the bullet; I don’t think it’s a problem with the bullet itself but with the firing pin. In a 30 round mag this probably happens 3-4 times. I take the bullet out and look at it and the point where the pin hits is just barely hitting the outer rim of the casing. Is there a way I can adjust the pin more in the middle or what are my options here?

Thanks!!

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    I would definitely try a variety of ammo through it and clean the entire assembly (especially the firing pin) of any grease or particles and give it a good lubrication and go from there. If all else fails, Send her back. Many people have experienced problems with the 22 caliber AR's. JMO.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I cleaned it pretty good tonight, hopefully I can get out and try it and we will see what happens. Thanks

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Hope your not using Remington golden bullets, If you are, get a box of Federal value pack from Wally World and try that. If you are using high velocity shells, tighten your bolt carrier return spring.(in the manual) This will camber the the round faster and harder.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Hope your not using Remington golden bullets, If you are, get a box of Federal value pack from Wally World and try that. If you are using high velocity shells, tighten your bolt carrier return spring.(in the manual) This will camber the the round faster and harder.

I have tried the Federal VP and Wildcat ammo. I also Have tried the bolt carrier as far out as it can go and as far in as it can go. I would never use Remington golden bullets after all the people I have heard on here about how bad the perform.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I have tried the Federal VP and Wildcat ammo. I also Have tried the bolt carrier as far out as it can go and as far in as it can go. I would never use Remington golden bullets after all the people I have heard on here about how bad the perform.

If your going to run high velocity keep it all the way in. I do on mine and it runs great. The reason I thought it might help is I've seen that happen when the bolt didn't quite lock up because of fowling from a lot of rounds through it. That's the only thing I could think of if it's clean and oiled. Only doing it 3 or 4 times per mag would kind of rule out the firing pin I would think. :dunno:

Top Bottom