• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    I stole, er, uh, purchased a used Colt M4 Tactical Rimfire. Dang! The thing is accurate as all get out. However, like everything walther ever made, its got a tight chamber. So far I've run CCIs and Wildcats through it, no problem. However, the Remington Golden Bullet bulk packs are a pisser...

I keep a couple thousand rounds or 22s around. I found that I had 2 different lot numbers of Remington bulk packs. The bullet on those shows .224 to .2245 whereas the bullets on the CCIs and Wildcats show .223 to .2225 to .223. The .224+ ammo just jams and jams. I thought it was the gun. Nope! I cleaned and worked and cleaned. It improved a bit but not much.

I really like the gun since it is exactly like my AR but I just hate having to be ammo finicky with it.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The first ammo I tried with one of these was Remington Golden bulk and I couldn't get more than one shot from a a mag without a jam... EVERYTIME. Sometimes the first round will not even chamber! I swear they coat that stuff with lock-tite. I have had good luck with CCI-MM, Winchester 555 bulk and Federal bulk packs. I've seen elsewhere (THR, Firingline, etc) that Remington is a problem for a lot of Colt M4 22lr owners.

hk91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    I have a Colt M4 .22 Tactical it shot all brands of 22 rimfire I found some old stuff to but i had a 525 pack of remmington golden (WORST) ammo I have ever shot I was lucky to get one to chamber I wondered if something was wrong with my gun I had my uncle old h&r 22 revolver with me some of remmington had to be forced in the chamber I bought another box remmington else where some did work not many. run some winchester not one miss fire.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Its been a while since I logged in here, but, well, it all still works! To finish the story, I got rid of that tactical 22 AR and the DPMS. Now my AR count is up to 9 and includes and AR10, a pistol, even a Bushmaster C15. I also have a Palmetto with a Fostec Echo in it. Thats a sweet one, there. It sure is cool to be able to return to a forum and reply to a 13 year old message. Amazing!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Its been a while since I logged in here, but, well, it all still works! To finish the story, I got rid of that tactical 22 AR and the DPMS. Now my AR count is up to 9 and includes and AR10, a pistol, even a Bushmaster C15. I also have a Palmetto with a Fostec Echo in it. Thats a sweet one, there. It sure is cool to be able to return to a forum and reply to a 13 year old message. Amazing!
    One of the best necroposts ever! Welcome back. I saw one guy upthread (hk91) who had his first and only post in this thread. That's got to be some kind of record. :):

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Welcome back ntrngr.

Top Bottom