• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have a Colt M45A1 slightly used in very good condition, case, and papers. What is a fair and reasonable asking price? GunBroker prices are all over the board. Any help would be appreciated.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    There are a couple to pick from, if you have one that was issued to the Marine Corps that Colt bought back, it could be worth 3K and up.
    As far as I know there were about 250 of them that Colt bought back from the Marines because of finish issues, if you have one of those you will know, because the finish will be worn.

Also Colt did release to the general public a clone of the Marine Corps issue pistol, which will be worth about what you paid for it or a little less, depending on how "used" it is.
    Need pics to determine which one you have, my guess is you already know which one you have.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    If you have a USMC decommissioned piece it will have a letter from Colt with it, and a big X in the slide over the USMC stamp.
    I just looked on Gunbroker, the Clone version is around $1500 for a brand new one.

Hopefully that helps you.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    120   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    Quick look at 1911addicts.com appears the m45a1 marked guns are about 1200-1300, at least what was being asked in selling ads. If it has the USMC roll mark, I'd guess closer to 3k. The decommissioned ones - actually used by the military and heavily worn, seem to bring about the 3k price too. I think they come with a letter stating what they are.

That's the extent of my knowledge. Wish I'd have picked up a USMC roll marked one when they came out and were affordable.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Quick look at 1911addicts.com appears the m45a1 marked guns are about 1200-1300, at least what was being asked in selling ads. If it has the USMC roll mark, I'd guess closer to 3k. The decommissioned ones - actually used by the military and heavily worn, seem to bring about the 3k price too. I think they come with a letter stating what they are.

That's the extent of my knowledge. Wish I'd have picked up a USMC roll marked one when they came out and were affordable.

#Me Too.......... If I recall the actual decommissioned USMC Colts sold for around $1500, like a lot of us, I was thinking more would hit the market and the price would drop some.
    I should have known when guys/dealers were buying 10 at a time.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    You can always give it a try, you probably know the gun market is super soft right now.
    More of a buyers market than a sellers, unless of course you have a desirable AK, those seem to be the only thing really selling right now.

Top Bottom