• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    There is a coil spring underneath the safety detent. It's easy to replace it and or the detent, also easy to loose when you take it apart. New parts might be available from Colt, Brownells, Jack First or Cylinder & Slide. I think Colt changed the safety slightly on the new 380.
    Regards, TGE

Your are exactly right. I found the detent to be VERY worn. AND I almost lost the spring :): I will order a detent and spring when I find one. Thanks for taking the time to share. +1 to you Sir.

Thanks to everyone that responded. I will post pics when I get it all cleaned up proper.

Last edited:

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I carry a Colt .380 Government MK1V Series 80. I use a sticky holster, and love it. They are ambidextrous SOB, and it fits nicely in the pocket of loose pants.

A problem that I have however is that when I unholster it someone always offers to buy it from me. Keep these people at arms length because the Mustang is a great weapon and you will forever kick yourself if you give in to a handful of cash. :ingo:

Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    I enjoyed carrying my Mustang for several years after Ohio got our concealed carry laws. My husband uses it now as a pocket gun in warm weather.

It's a nice little firearm. Hope you end up enjoying yours!

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Had one years ago and made the mistake of selling it. Always carried it hammer forward in a pocket holster. Just personal preference. Seemed to have a lot of FTF issues with it and never fully trusted it but it always enjoyed shooting it. Have since picked up a P238 to replace it and love it just as much.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    glad u got it working, sometimes u have to cut the dimples deeper in the safety where the detent contacts, that can make it really stiff with a new spring and detent, u can carry cocked and locked in your pocket with a tight safety, but really in your pocket ive always carried hammer down safety on, which you can do on a mustang unlike its big 1911 brother, u can also unchamber a round without taking the safety off which is a nice feature. if u carry hammer down on a live round just be very very carefull when lowering the hammer... fireing pin on this weapon dos not rest on primer when hammer is down,

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    New glove for the Pocketlite, love this gun. :rockwoot:Scabbard is actually for a sig 238 but fits perfect.
    IMG_0559_zps324d63f0.jpg

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I have carried one before. I recommend pocket holsters for sure. They make grte ones that can be drawn from with no problem. Alternatives include carry it hammer down (fine, but a little slower to get any shots off) or take it to a smith and have him check out the safety and make sure there are no problems

Top Bottom