• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    They had me until I heard "MSRP $800".
    Has anyone actually found one below MSRP yet?

I don't even think they are out yet. Considering 6920's have a msrp of $1300 *last i looked* and can be found for $750-850 all day. I would expect the barebones to be around $650 after the new cool factor wears off which i think is a great deal.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I don't even think they are out yet. Considering 6920's have a msrp of $1300 *last i looked* and can be found for $750-850 all day. I would expect the barebones to be around $650 after the new cool factor wears off which i think is a great deal.
    For $650 I would buy one. But not $800.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Looks like a good idea, with the MSRP street price should be pretty reasonable. Even when I buy AR's that have magpul stocks on them they always put the cheap MOE one on that I have to swap up to at least the CTR.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    colt competition rifles aren't made by colt, they just license the name....
    truely a case of "paying for the name"

I think this bare bones thing is a good idea from colt.

-rvb

You are correct my good man. I just found that out tonight. I just saw one at a shop on the South side. It wasn't bad but wasn't all that great either.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    I'm with Classic if they were to make a new run of the snake guns would be great.....but would kill the value of the older ones as they are sought after and not cheap when you see one for sale :twocents:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Could Colt make a good wheel gun again? Yes. Would they make the same quality? I doubt it. Those old Vipers were and are Classics. Find good bluing and hand finished and fitted parts these days and you're going to mortgage the farm. So many of the old craftsmen and machinists are gone now. Mass production is king,

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Colt still supposedly makes Single Action Armys, and yet you hardly ever see any new ones. If they did do a double action, it would be $1600+ and it probably would look like the turds from the mid 90s and Pythons would still be a weak and delicate action that would lock up under heavy recoil and get out of time.

Colt producing the snakes again, would just dissapoint a lot of Colt "fans"

And the company would still have financial issues

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They would be way ahead of the game if they just started producing quality Pythons and Anacondas again.

Pythons do have that mystique to them but in reality are not worth the price if you want a real shooter. When new the anacondas were dogs and we couldn't give them away, now I laugh at the ridiculous prices they bring.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Ok, so here's a question. What does Colt offer that say a high quality PSA upper doesn't. I don't have an AR, and I'm not to knowledgeable on them. INGO has high praises on PSA. So where do Colt and them differ in Build? As far as that AR-15 chart goes.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Ok, so here's a question. What does Colt offer that say a high quality PSA upper doesn't. I don't have an AR, and I'm not to knowledgeable on them. INGO has high praises on PSA. So where do Colt and them differ in Build? As far as that AR-15 chart goes.
    One says "Colt" and one doesn't. A lot of people pay extra for those 4 letters, but I'm not one of them.

Top Bottom