• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwbikr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Westside suburbs
    Love to hear opinions on the current state of Colt prices compared to other brands these days...seems to have spiked in the past 6 months, do you expect it to continue going north?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    There is a rise in the amount of interest in Colt revolvers as well as in pre-lock S&W's. If someone told me last year that a 2" model 10-5 would be bring $400 + I would have laughed at them. People who don't normally buy guns are buying them and many want the simplicity of the revolver.

maarlborogto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    they have gone up i paid 1200 out the door at cabelas for my python if you want any of the colt snake guns dont expect to pay less than a grand on one even in used condition ive seen the stainless pythons go for 3000 and 4000 at gunshows. diamondbacks are all ive seen is prices of 1300 and 1500 dollars but yes i love my python i wish i had a time machine to go back to the 90's to get a couple of them cheap lol. and as far as quality ill never get rid of my python the only thing i want to do with it is get a set of authentic wood grips for it

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    It's all relative.....:) In the 1902 the Sears catalog advertised Colt Single Action Army Revolvers for a $20.00..... You can still buy them at that price provided you are willing to pay in the currency of 1902..... A twenty dollar gold piece!

I wonder what happened to our money?

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I just grabbed a python and paid a premium, but as some smart man on INGO said, "It's not like they are falling out of the sky..."

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Hmmmm..... Might have to let loose of s few Colts if the money is that good. :dunno:

But probably won't.....;)

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    If you are looking for a colt revolver as a shooter detective special and trooper and trooper II"s are still to be had at semi normal prices save 500-800 each more or less. These wer not hand fitted pieces but are still above most other makers standards for fit finsish and the very important thing of snubbies double action trigger pull.

Pythons, and diamondbacks were hand fitted by master craftsmen and can go 999 - 4000 depending on rarity condition, paperwork and box type/age. Some people even collect them according to which craftsman signed the box believe it or not and will pay dearly for the same name or names they are looking for.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It's all relative.....:) In the 1902 the Sears catalog advertised Colt Single Action Army Revolvers for a $20.00..... You can still buy them at that price provided you are willing to pay in the currency of 1902..... A twenty dollar gold piece!

I wonder what happened to our money?

That's how the party of "Read my lips, NO NEW TAXES!" taxes you.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hmmmm..... Might have to let loose of s few Colts if the money is that good. :dunno:

But probably won't.....;)

:popcorn: I'm waiting too.

I'd like to have some more but not at the prices they are going now. If you look hard enough you'll find some great deals............eventually

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have a couple friends that ask me every few months about my Pythons, Troopers and Detective Specials. A certain Monkey keeps buggin me about a GI 1911 too! Man, my friends want to pick my bones and I'm not even dead yet! :rolleyes:

nalees

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    my dad has a nice collection of Colt Revolvers. a few pythons, diamondbacks, anaconda, and a mustang/or government model? (only semi-auto colt he has)... probably a few others i'm forgetting

Top Bottom