• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    Has anyone heard the rumor that Colt will bring back their revolver production? In a discussion I was told that they will produce the Anaconda, Python, Diamondback and the Detective Special. That would be great. I wonder of the quality, quantity and price.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I would love to see them do it and maybe some of the people trying to get $1000 for a Diamondback will get stuck with them! Of course if they still use UAW employees they will be sky high as well.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The Diamondback is a gun I've just gotta own someday. I've always been in lust with it.

I had a couple nice ones years ago before all of the price gouging. They are very nice guns. I have a couple Pythons and Troopers and other models now. I like Colt revolvers but they are just priced out of my range now. :xmad:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I am suprised they arent going to bring back the mustang.
    .380s are all the rage right now, and most real gun folks I know, wouldnt turn down a mustang if it could be had at the right price.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    There is a Colt representative over at The M1911 Pistols Organization that could probably answer your question. If not, maybe OD could provide us some insight.
    I wouldn't hold my breath. ;)

When we were invited to tour the Colt plant a couple years back, I asked about the possible return of some of the revolver line, they had no plans for them in the foreseeable future, then. That may change as Colt brings more and more CNC equipment on line though.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Labor costs to build their revolvers would be astronomical. Nobody is willing to pay $1500 for a new detective special. Unless they're 100% CNC built, I just don't see it happening. If Colt has the resources to bring that stuff online I'd be very, very surprised.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Price: Crazy high.
    Quality: Not as good as it used to be.
    Quantity: Enough for them to make money.

Big revolvers just don't sell like they used to. No police dept sales = why even do it. I just don't think they could sell more than a few initial units to collectors and shooters before the price would drop out on the used market. But bottom line is it would be bad timing to release a high end revolver into a market that isnt buying high end revolvers........... Right now its cheap self defense guns that sell, not a whole lot of high end stuff.........

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    I've heard that rumor as well, but...as 22lr noted, it's probably not price competitive for Colt. They'd have to sell a bunch to make it work, and frankly there's not much of a market for $1000+ Pythons other than for a fairly small group of collectors.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I doubt it for any large scale production capacity. Here's why.

I own a python and tried to sell it. I couldn't get close to it's value to save my life. The python has an action like no other revolver on the production market. The hand finished custom action on this gun is better than any performance center revolvers I've owned. Folks just don't care about that anymore. If it doesn't hold 20 rounds and have night sights and lights and lasers, it just doesn't sell.

A Glock or basic model 1911 on the other hand I could buy, shoot for 6 months and if I don't like it, sell at 90% of retail price in a couple days. The market just isn't revolvers. The only guys making and selling revolvers are those who focus on hunting, ccw snubs, and nostalgia. Colt's only chance with that line would be a limited production run and prices for it to be done to the level that my 40 year old gun is tuned would easily put this gun over $1000.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I would love to see them do it and maybe some of the people trying to get $1000 for a Diamondback will get stuck with them! Of course if they still use UAW employees they will be sky high as well.

:rolleyes: Don't kid yourself as it would be the same price if Chinese midgets made them. It won't matter anyway as Colt won't be doing any DA revolver production anytime soon. However, I have heard that Colt is releasing a 45LC/.410 SA revolver around Christmas. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom