Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Have you forgotten all the pressure put on Poulian over Manning vs Leaf? To me, and apparently you, it was a no brainer but there was much discussion. Then there was the Luck vs RGIII questions. So not everyone “knew”.
    I should’ve better qualified who can see it, and who just sees “it” with wistful aspirations.

Yeah. A lot of folks thought Leaf had “it”. Character is a big part of having “it”. Leaf blew off the pre-draft meeting with the colts. Manning didn’t. I’ve heard people speculate that’s why Manning got picked over Leaf by the colts.

I think there’s a lot more evidence on Manning’s side. Leaf really had just one great year of his three in college. That was his Heisman year. Manning had a qb rating of mid to upper 140’s each of his *4* years.

It was controversial, and really easy in hindsight for us to pick which of them had “it”. But just because it was controversial then does not mean the controversy was earned. I think it was a no-brainer.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In terms of Luck vs RGIII. Both had “it”. It was a matter of what style of play each excelled in. Read-option was puzzling defenses the first year or two. And then it pretty much died. But, RGIII was a good drop back passer too. But a QB who runs a lot puts his body through a lot of the same punishment and injury risks that RB’s do. He got hurt and was never the same player.

Another thing that hurt RGIII’s success was that the Redskins built their team around a mobile QB and then when they no longer had one, he just didn’t fit anymore. And I think running was just too much of his game. Plus, by the time he came back from injury, defenses were figuring it out. He as too slow to be effective.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Hard to admit it but I’m fully checked out on this season. Lose today and I think we’re guaranteed a top 5 or 6 pick. That’s all I care about. Don’t even care if it’s entertaining anymore. Let’s keeping getting our rookies some reps and start looking ahead towards the draft. And hopefully no injuries to any key players that would keep them out of next season.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    a9BD4Bu.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom