• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Per Frank Reich’s media availability today, the plain is to stick with rookie Bernhard Raimann at LT

Probably the right decision. Matt Pryor was an abject disaster and they really need Raimann to develop into a serviceable starter.

They signed several other offensive linemen as well. Honestly it’s a good sign that Reich/Ballard see what everybody else clearly sees. We hear so much “we really like the players we’ve got” or “we think he’s got some upside”. The proof is in the pudding. Signing guys off the street is an obvious admission that they know that what they have ain’t gettin it done.
    Yeah, I think Raimann will work out. It just would have been nice if he could have had a year or two to develop under a decent veteran LT. He had a rough game, but it was his first start and against one of the better defenses in the league.

Last edited:

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Heard a crazy stat today.

Our defense is #10 in the league at just under 19 points per game.

Nearly HALF of our points given up this season have come directly off of turnovers.

Just turn those fumbles and INT’s into punts and we’re probably 3-2 or 4-1.
    You can always improve, but I think our defense is good enough to get it done. As you mentioned a lot of the points we've given up are on the offense. Take those away and we probably have a top three defense.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Heard a crazy stat today.

Our defense is #10 in the league at just under 19 points per game.

Nearly HALF of our points given up this season have come directly off of turnovers.

Just turn those fumbles and INT’s into punts and we’re probably 3-2 or 4-1.
    Yessir. See Takeaway #2. I dug into exactly those numbers. The only game it wouldn't have mattered was @JAX:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I don't know much about football, but from my uninformed view, no QB can do well as fast as our offense is letting the pocket collapse on him, except maybe Manning who was so athletic he could usually get away from it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know much about football, but from my uninformed view, no QB can do well as fast as our offense is letting the pocket collapse on him, except maybe Manning who was so athletic he could usually get away from it.
    Manning was actually pretty slow when it came to scrambling. He was just crazy smart and knew how to get the ball where it needed to be.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Manning was actually pretty slow when it came to scrambling. He was just crazy smart and knew how to get the ball where it needed to be.
    I was about to say the same thing. Manning was not very mobile at all. As you said, he had a very high football IQ and could get the ball out very quickly. I don't remember our line ever being quite this bad during the manning years, but maybe he made them look better. Luck didn't have it as good. I believe the bad O line played a big part in ending Luck's career.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was about to say the same thing. Manning was not very mobile at all. As you said, he had a very high football IQ and could get the ball out very quickly. I don't remember our line ever being quite this bad during the manning years, but maybe he made them look better. Luck didn't have it as good. I believe the bad O line played a big part in ending Luck's career.
    I don't remember our offensive line looking this bad when everyone knew they were bad! Most expensive in the league now? Someone got ripped off. :noway:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Taylor and Hines have both been ruled out for tomorrow’s game. Not good. 3rd and 4th string running backs against a solid Defense and basically nonexistent pass blocking to get the offense rolling. Could be a really rough day for the old horseshoe.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Taylor and Hines have both been ruled out for tomorrow’s game. Not good. 3rd and 4th string running backs against a solid Defense and basically nonexistent pass blocking to get the offense rolling. Could be a really rough day for the old horseshoe.
    WTF?? I thought Taylor's injury was determined to be just minor? High ankle sprain or some such? Rub some dirt on it JT!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom