Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It's clear now that Matt Ryan was the problem. :lmfao:
    Simultaneously it is clear he was not the answer either.

Therefore it is a prudent move to bench him before he gets injured seriously and the have to pay him for all next year. Ryan still gets $12 million fully guaranteed for next year but $17.2 million more if he is injured and the team cannot cut him. With 9 sacks allowed today the risk is great for a 37 year old QB.

The Colts may release him yet, hoping some team QB needy team will pick him up and his contract. I still believe it was worth a shot to bring him in, just disappointed it did not work out.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Simultaneously it is clear he was not the answer either.

Therefore it is a prudent move to bench him before he gets injured seriously and the have to pay him for all next year. Ryan still gets $12 million fully guaranteed for next year but $17.2 million more if he is injured and the team cannot cut him. With 9 sacks allowed today the risk is great for a 37 year old QB.

The Colts may release him yet, hoping some team QB needy team will pick him up and his contract. I still believe it was worth a shot to bring him in, just disappointed it did not work out.
    There is not a QB in the league that could be effective behind that offensive line. I thought that lesson sank in after Luck retired.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well when you are giving up nine sacks in a game I'm pretty sure you can start there with the finger pointing...
    Play calling was so predictable even casual fans knew what was coming. When a team starts a rookie the game plan should be quick outs or RPO. Should have multiple tight ends on the field with RB safety valves. Just dink and dunk. They could have done that successfully a lot today.

Many of the sacks were because the play calling kept getting the Colts behind the chains forcing them into obvious passing downs that the Pats could pressure on. I really wish we could see these guys with better coaching…

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Play calling was so predictable even casual fans knew what was coming. When a team starts a rookie the game plan should be quick outs or RPO. Should have multiple tight ends on the field with RB safety valves. Just dink and dunk. They could have done that successfully a lot today.

Many of the sacks were because the play calling kept getting the Colts behind the chains forcing them into obvious passing downs that the Pats could pressure on. I really wish we could see these guys with better coaching…
    The problems with the. O line are well established. Also, yes play calling is very predictable. I've reached the point that I tend to agree, there is a coaching issue.
    Since Dungy left, have the Colts really had any top tier (so to speak) head coaches interested in coming here? Who is out there that you would like to see them go after?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I was just looking at the standings. Astonishing how many teams are actually worse than the Colts or hovering in the vicinity. We are currently a looooong way from being able to draft a QB. Heck, we are still 2nd in our division!

Screenshot 2022-11-07 073215.jpg Screenshot 2022-11-07 073248.jpg Screenshot 2022-11-07 073340.jpg Screenshot 2022-11-07 073415.jpg Screenshot 2022-11-07 073443.jpg Screenshot 2022-11-07 073503.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The problems with the. O line are well established. Also, yes play calling is very predictable. I've reached the point that I tend to agree, there is a coaching issue.
    Since Dungy left, have the Colts really had any top tier (so to speak) head coaches interested in coming here? Who is out there that you would like to see them go after?
    Tough question. Certainly not a coach recruiting expert here but I think you look under the Kyle Shanahan tree or Sean McVey tree for the young coaches now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was just looking at the standings. Astonishing how many teams are actually worse than the Colts or hovering in the vicinity. We are currently a looooong way from being able to draft a QB. Heck, we are still 2nd in our division!

View attachment 235283 View attachment 235284 View attachment 235285 View attachment 235286 View attachment 235287 View attachment 235288
    With last weeks standings, the Texans had #2 & #4 picks in 2023 and two more first rounders in 2024…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom