• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Im planning on buying one of these two guns. I am just not sure which one i am going to get. just wanting peoples thoughts on these guns. what they have read on them, what their personal experience is, anything helps.

firemedic140

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Harlan, IN
    The colt is made by UMAREX and airgun co. It needs higher end high vel. ammo to feed properly. There is and adjustment But, I don't recall how hard it is to do the adjustment. Haven't shot either one. I have sold more of the S&W vs. Colt. Other than that no real complaints out of either.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Both

I have had both. I now only have the Smith. The Smith is built better and more dependable. The lower is designed so that you can drop an ar trigger group into it and have the same trigger as you AR(if you have one) The Smith has a removable bolt making it easier to clean. The Smith mags are cheaper. I have the rifle and Pistol version

The Colt is a MUTT. It has Colt's name. Manufactured by Walther and imported by Umerex. While it does have a speed adjustable bolt for different ammo the trigger group can not be modified(easily anyway). It does look more like an AR but that is where it stops.

Last edited:

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I've had both, settled on the Colt. Of the two, the Colt run the same ammo more reliably. It runs Federal 550 packs flawlessly. I don't care who makes it, it's a good accurate 22. :twocents:

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Smith! I love my 15-22.

100_7263.jpg

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I've heard quite a few bad things about the umarex "colt" ar22, and decided on the S&W M&P15-22. I'm quite happy with it and I haven't looked back.

Go with the S&W.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I have the S&W. I love it. A buddy had the Colt and after shooting mine he sold it and got the S&W. 3 or 4 of my other friends have bought the Smith too. Everybody needs one.

hischj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Wadesville
    I have a S&W and love it. The selling point for me was that all the smith controls are functional. The colt's bolt release does not work.

picture.php

Travis Daniel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    I would say they are about the same gun, just different names on them. I personally own the colt and love it. You can go out and shoot for hours and it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg like the real ars. I am sure you will love which ever one you buy. good luck

Green04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    I've heard quite a few bad things about the umarex "colt" ar22, and decided on the S&W M&P15-22. I'm quite happy with it and I haven't looked back.

Go with the S&W.

heyy .38 special how ya been..funny i havnt seen anything form you sense my range report from when i bought my M&P ar15-22

i bought mine maybe a yr ago. im still IN LOVE WITH IT. i was shooting half inch groups at 50 yards with iron sights, useing a bipod, i havnt shot it off a sand bag or led sled yet, but i just shot it yesterday and am going back to shoot some more this saturday. its my favorite gun i own! its so much fun, cheap to shoot, and very light weight/durable its all polymer. the SW M&P AR15-22 is more ar15 like then any of the others ive shot/seen the bolt release is real and everything else is more "ar like" then the other ar15-22's you cant go wrong with the M&P i promise you'l love it!:ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15::ar15: i shoot federal value packs of 550 which some people dont like..but my M&P has jammed maybe 5 times and ive put over 5000 rounds down the barrel easily.

Top Bottom