• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    The only reason Caldwell is still here, is that it's near impossible to switch coaching staff in the middle of the season... I figure he's gone come first of the year.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I'd rather see the Colts go. L.A. is calling their name and I welcome it.

I think Jacksonville or Minnesota will beat the Colts to LA. Jacksonville just got new ownership and Minnesota is struggling to get taxpayers in Minnesota to build them a new stadium.

I don't see how Orlovsky is a better option than Painter (neither are NFL caliber starters), but ok I don't think it matters who starts at this point. Larry Coyer is the scapegoat, not the problem. It's difficult for a defense to stop anybody when their offensive counterparts go 3 and out every other possession or turn the ball over 3 times a game. Caldwell is irrelevant, Polian has in all likelihood made Caldwell his puppet. Hopefully the Colts can stay within 30 pts of New England next week.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Jags new owner has stated that he's keeping the team in Jacksonville... For what that's worth.

I don't see the Colts bailing out of Indy any time soon, either. Irsay Jr. has made Indy his home and has involved himself in and around the community. He actually probably kind of likes it here!

And can you imagine poor Orlovsky's resume after this season: Starting QB on the only two 0-16 teams in NFL history... Good job, man!

-J-

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The only reason Caldwell is still here, is that it's near impossible to switch coaching staff in the middle of the season... I figure he's gone come first of the year.

Pretty sure that's not very comforting to Jack right now.

And there's a mid-season firing just about every year. I'm not buying it.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    Pretty sure that's not very comforting to Jack right now.

And there's a mid-season firing just about every year. I'm not buying it.

On the CBS pre-game a couple of weeks back, Cowher was asked if he wanted to coach again (in a folllow-up question to one about the Colts)... he said he had no interest.

I don't see anyone climbing onto a sinking ship to take command when the entire roster is in flux... after the trades, yes... now? no way.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    My Thoughts...

Manning is done, he won't play again... maybe takes an advisory position with the team, because he loves the game/team/town... but odds favor him walking away. Caldwell is gone after the season ends. Jeff Fisher (Titans) would be my pick (great coach with a strong work ethic, top defense strategy and a strong running game - exactly what this team needs). Colts draft Luck and completely revamp the roster around the new QB.

Note to Tom Brady... we're coming for ya.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    On the CBS pre-game a couple of weeks back, Cowher was asked if he wanted to coach again (in a folllow-up question to one about the Colts)... he said he had no interest.

I don't see anyone climbing onto a sinking ship to take command when the entire roster is in flux... after the trades, yes... now? no way.

You've only made an argument why finding an out-of-organization replacement is next to impossible during a losing season. So what? It doesn't change the fact that if the head coach needs to go, he's gone. Not that hard to bring up a defensive coordinator or some assistant coach to fill the gap.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    You've only made an argument why finding an out-of-organization replacement is next to impossible during a losing season. So what? It doesn't change the fact that if the head coach needs to go, he's gone. Not that hard to bring up a defensive coordinator or some assistant coach to fill the gap.

Indy's already tried 'filling the gap'... we've had 3 QB's (come Sunday) since the season began, dumping Caldwell right now would serve no purpose (save appeasing the fanbase)... better we follow the strategy in my last post.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My Thoughts...

Manning is done, he won't play again... maybe takes an advisory position with the team, because he loves the game/team/town... but odds favor him walking away. Caldwell is gone after the season ends. Jeff Fisher (Titans) would be my pick (great coach with a strong work ethic, top defense strategy and a strong running game - exactly what this team needs). Colts draft Luck and completely revamp the roster around the new QB.

Note to Tom Brady... we're coming for ya.

If the Colts are going to start over with new players, coaches, qb, etc it is going to be a while until we are coming for Brady. Hell he may even be gone too lol.

This isnt a quick fix if Manning is not able to come back, they are going to be bad again next year imo. Maybe the one after that.

But that may be what it takes to get a new team built, two or three years or early draft position may be what is needed to fill holes.

This year will be an interesting off season and there could be a TON of $$ coming off the books. Manning if he is done is a huge amount of $$. Wayne and Mathis are also in contract years.

If you want to get younger, cutting Dallas Clark and going with Jacob Tamme may not be a bad idea, Clark has been injury prone the last two seasons and Tamme has not missed a beat filling in really.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona

Caldwell is coaching this weekend. If you really think they're going to bring in a new coach in Week 14, I have some wet land I'd like to sell ya.

Last edited:

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    If the Colts are going to start over with new players, coaches, qb, etc it is going to be a while until we are coming for Brady. Hell he may even be gone too lol.

This isnt a quick fix if Manning is not able to come back, they are going to be bad again next year imo. Maybe the one after that.

But that may be what it takes to get a new team built, two or three years or early draft position may be what is needed to fill holes.

This year will be an interesting off season and there could be a TON of $$ coming off the books. Manning if he is done is a huge amount of $$. Wayne and Mathis are also in contract years.

If you want to get younger, cutting Dallas Clark and going with Jacob Tamme may not be a bad idea, Clark has been injury prone the last two seasons and Tamme has not missed a beat filling in really.

If your trying to say they should revamp the roster and fill it with as much 'youth' as they can find... I would agree. They need players, not guys who sit on the injury bench every other game.

Top Bottom