• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I really hope I'm not getting my hopes up but I think it'll be a lot closer than the previous games. The Oline is starting to gel. Boom has been productive. Dwayne Allen didn't play much in the last game. Our secondary was great against Denver. Jones is back on the Dline. The one thing I'm worried about is I don't know if we have an answer for Gronk. I think we'll lose a close one in the final minutes, 27-24.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    If the defense plays as well as they did versus Denver, we have a shot. I agree about Gronk, but you're just going to have to double him and let them beat you on the outside - but I like the man to man island play of Davis and Toler; although, both of those players had limited practice time this week due to a knee injury (Davis) and groin injury (Toler).

And if Andrew plays as smart as he did last game, we really have a good shot. Sure, he had two picks versus Denver, but those were basically as good as a punt because McAfee wasn't kicking it well for some reason.

Also, if the Colts win, I've got two Superbowl tickets waiting for me!!!

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I really hope I'm not getting my hopes up but I think it'll be a lot closer than the previous games. The Oline is starting to gel. Boom has been productive. Dwayne Allen didn't play much in the last game. Our secondary was great against Denver. Jones is back on the Dline. The one thing I'm worried about is I don't know if we have an answer for Gronk. I think we'll lose a close one in the final minutes, 27-24.
    I have to agree on the score......but it will be a Colt's victory.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Not a big Colts fan, but will cheer for them against the Pats. Question, is that Linebacker that was arrested for Rape anyone the team is going to miss???

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The offense needs to control the clock and keep Brady and the Pats offense off the field. They'll also need to finish drives with TDs. Field goals won't cut it.

The secondary has to keep the receivers in front of them and tackle well. It's going to be a tough day with Gronk deep in the middle and Amendola and Edelman running those crossing routes underneath. That's a tough matchup for the Colts linebackers and should open up the running game for NE.

Likewise, the Colts need their tight ends involved in the passing game since Revis will likely be matched up against Hilton.

This game will be all about matchups, adjustments and forcing turnovers.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    The offense needs to control the clock and keep Brady and the Pats offense off the field. They'll also need to finish drives with TDs. Field goals won't cut it.

The secondary has to keep the receivers in front of them and tackle well. It's going to be a tough day with Gronk deep in the middle and Amendola and Edelman running those crossing routes underneath. That's a tough matchup for the Colts linebackers and should open up the running game for NE.

Likewise, the Colts need their tight ends involved in the passing game since Revis will likely be matched up against Hilton.

This game will be all about matchups, adjustments and forcing turnovers.

Agreed and add the O-Line continue to protect and Andrew continue to make good decisions and not make killer turn-overs. Gonna be fun! Strap in and hang on!

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    :popcorn: I am looking forward to this as well.Should be a great game.
    I think the best thing the Colts can do is double Gronk and forget about Eddleman and Amendola.....Oh and don;t worry about the run. Pats only ran for 14 yards last week.

;)

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    NxpqTKY.png

Weather looks like it could play a factor. While it is better than a typical January game in January, I am curious to see how much the Pats will be running the ball[STRIKE] in the slop[/STRIKE].

Edit: Forgot Gillette has the artificial turf like many other outdoor teams. So no mud, but the rain could still have an effect.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    [QUOTEThat's no fun.....They need to get some artificial mud to compliment the artificial turf or build a dome.=THE BIG SITT;5570817]
    NxpqTKY.png

Weather looks like it could play a factor. While it is better than a typical January game in January, I am curious to see how much the Pats will be running the ball[STRIKE] in the slop[/STRIKE].

Edit: Forgot Gillette has the artificial turf like many other outdoor teams. So no mud, but the rain could still have an effect.[/QUOTE]

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    While I want the colts to win and will root for them, they usually choke under pressure, so I am giving the win to the Patriots, 42-17..... flame on

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    While I want the colts to win and will root for them, they usually choke under pressure, so I am giving the win to the Patriots, 42-17..... flame on

Andrew Luck has been improving every single year - just check out his stats. Plus, he's only in his third year. This team has a whole lot of upside over the next decade. The Pagano foundation has only recently started to take form, this being his third year.

Not sure how you can say "usually choke under pressure" when the last two pressure games were versus the Bengals and Broncos. The Colts handily beat both of those teams. Playoff games come with the most pressure. In 2013, they beat a Kansas City Chief team that was very good and most folks picked the Chiefs in that first round game. Sure, they got blown out by the Patriots in New England, but your "usually choke under pressure" comment really doesn't have any factual basis. And for discussion purposes, they were also beat by the Ravens in 2012 in Luck's first year. So, 3 post season pressure wins and only 2 losses.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What about the 2013-2014 playoffs against the patriots, 43-22 .... I know we had injuries....

I want the Colts to win, and hope they can pull it off.

Good point. It is dependent on which team gets of the bus at Foxborrow.

I really would love to see them in the big game.

"GO COLTS"

Top Bottom