• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    --William Pitt

I'll just leave that there.

Blessings,
    Bill

Hate that I'd ever agree with something like this... BUT!!!

Since Parents that have no clue about Guns have no clue how to teach their mini-Idiots any better something has to be done.

Both my 8 and 10 year old sons in at least 2 different instances have been riding their bikes in our neighborhood when someone else's mini-idiot (which had been handed a 1000ft/sec Airsoft Rifle) felt it was OK to shoot at anyone riding by...

It is a wonder I wasn't drug away in cuffs the last time I had to confront the affected parents that felt it was OK... The conversation ended to the effect of if you couldn't control your kids, the next time around don't be surprised if mine take appropriate actions to defend themselves with something a lot more deadly than an Airsoft rifle.

Not to mention the numerous Car Dings, Car and House Windows, and other Property these unsupervised Mini-Idiots which Parents that are just as uneducated and stupid have caused.

So overreaction and city ordinance is not too far flung... To me if Parents are Stupid enough to turn their uneducated Kids loose with these "Weapons" without supervision both the Parents and Kids should face the Legal Fallout when Stupid Actions result.

But then again seems this is just another in long chain of laws/rules for the rest of society that is forced to be "defacto" Parents in place of the ones that don't have the mental capacity for the job.

Just my 2 Cents... :twocents:
    :ingo::patriot::ingo:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Sounds like there might be a police? force that needs some extra training

Why would that be?

Hmm... A gun pointed at me with no orange tip or any other way to identify it as a toy would definitely spark my interest.

Exactly. Add to that the fact that most firearms taken off people where I work are between the ages of 13-20 and you start to see the problem with kids and real looking toy guns.

I'm not condoning a ban on them. I would simply prefer that people just use common sense. Unfortunately that rarely seems to happen.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    What are the 4 ruless?

•All guns are loaded.
    •Never point at anything you don't want to destroy.
    •Keep finger off trigger until on target.
    •Know the target and what's beyond it.

There are different versions of the rules but you get the point. These are what I go by and also what I tell people.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Why don't they make it mandatory that parents act like parents and spank their kids?

To the poster above who said kids just randomly shot at your kids with airsoft guns while riding by on their bikes and the parents didn't seem to see anything wrong:

I think at that point I would have unloaded a airsoft mag right into both of them so they could feel it.
    For any of you guys that haven't been hit by one of those "airsoft" plastic bb's, they ****ing sting like a sob! And they are not BB guns they are airsoft.
    BB guns shoot metal bb's. but they both can hurt you and should be treated like a real gun in my opinion when in public.

I don't agree with govt making more laws to ban stuff. Seriously parents need to act like parents and not let their children act like brats. The parents need to face stiff fines when their children act up on a criminal level.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Last year, I proposed banning flour because it could be mistaken for an illegal drug. It didn't take, but if this ban does, maybe I can get it through.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My son has all out airsoft wars with his friends on our court. All wear eye protection. My son keeps asking me to paint his guns, or if we can tape over it to make them look more real. They're all of real size, but all are very non-real color.

His friends had one that was so real looking that my wife called the police. The younger daughter was scared because she thought it was real. Oldest person in the house at the time was 12. The 5 year old was at our house trembling. 3 bedroom house, 7 kids. We call them the Barely Bunch. Not to be judgmental or anything, but the facts are the facts.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My son has all out airsoft wars with his friends on our court. All wear eye protection. My son keeps asking me to paint his guns, or if we can tape over it to make them look more real. They're all of real size, but all are very non-real color.

His friends had one that was so real looking that my wife called the police. The younger daughter was scared because she thought it was real. Oldest person in the house at the time was 12. The 5 year old was at our house trembling. 3 bedroom house, 7 kids. We call them the Barely Bunch. Not to be judgmental or anything, but the facts are the facts.

Your wife called the police about an airsoft gun? I don't mean to be rude, but that's ridiculous. Couldn't she have just observed that no one had been shot and that there were no loud noises being made (e.g., "BANG")? Are we missing part of the story here? :twocents:.

Top Bottom