• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    so i had the idea to try and organize an OC event at one of the local parks here in columbus. not for protest or to exercise rights, just for all of us here at ingo to get together and talk about firearms. maybe have some drinks/burgers. my question is...would anyone be interested in doing such a thing. or do i need to let the local PD know that there will be a group of people with firearms at the local park that day? this is just an idea and im not a part of any company/group. just looking for a fun time with some people here at ingo. if im missing anything or if anyone else has ideas let me know! thanks!:ingo:

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    Although I don't yet carry, I'd love to get together with some of the INGO crowd and Columbus isn't a terrible drive for me. Let me know when and where and I'll see what I can do about being there.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The fact some or all of the members of a party in a public park are armed should not be of any concern of the PD or the parks department. You would probably have to reserve a pavilion or shelter house for the guests, but the change in pre-emption laws should have relieved the park of that concern.

A get together is something I might be interested in too.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The fact some or all of the members of a party in a public park are armed should not be of any concern of the PD or the parks department. You would probably have to reserve a pavilion or shelter house for the guests, but the change in pre-emption laws should have relieved the park of that concern.

A get together is something I might be interested in too.

:yesway:

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I may depends on the date. I think a place where we can shoot would be nice. I'm not sure if it's possible, but Ceraland would be nice. It does cost some to get in, but they do have a range.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    You don't have to reserve a pavillion. There's no fee if you call the parks dept and find out if it's been reserved. I "reserved" an area a few years ago by just calling and making sure that no one had about two weeks before, and then again within a few days of the event.

Depending on the date and time, I might be willing to stop by and BS in meatspace with you people.

Don't consider it an OC event, but rather a meet 'n eat and leave it at that.

Last edited:

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    if people want to bring stuff (food wise) and we all have a pitch in, this can happen for sure. i cant supply everything after i did some math.

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    If the date works out and I can be there, I'd be happy to bring some stuff. I really like the idea of a pitch-in meet and eat type event for the area.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    I could come also depending on time and day. I am in Columbus at least 5 days and usually more. I think it would be no big deal for us to bring something food wise, as long as the timing works for us.

Top Bottom