• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    CZ Retro for me, I would even go for a Pre B. I have many thousand trouble free rounds downrange with it. I can't say that about any of the Colt Commanders I've had. That said I haven't owned any newer production guns, they may be better shooters.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I've not spent any time on a range with a 1911, but the two/three I've held in hand just felt weird with the grip safety. CZs always feel nice. I don't see any particular reason to adjust or grow to love it just to be part of the in crowd... For me, I'll wait for the DWX. YMMV.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    That a heck of a decision. I have always been a DA/SA guy so while I’d usually lean to the CZ. A couple years ago I got a Colt Competition in 45 and really like it. I have been considering a Commander in 9mm as I like the heft if it so for my I’d probably buy the 1911 Commander these days.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    9mm 1911s feel weird to me. You expect that nice .45 push but instead get what almost feels like a squib. I’ve put many thousands of rounds of 9mm through my early CZs though, and love that round in that gun.

Top Bottom