• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    My brother in law owns a LOT of land in Crawfordsville and has been issued a deer depredation permit and named me as one of the hunters. I got a tour on Saturday and there's just too much to remember. he gave me map coordinates and suggested a GPS to make life easier. Ive actually been thinking about this for some time but would like something that I can use in vehicle for traveling and in hand for on foot. Anyone using such a device for travelling and hunting/backpacking etc?

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    got a smart phone?

there are GPS apps... cheap ones... that are as good as most entry level GPS units

you can also go to mytopo.com and make your own printable topo map of any area you want, and the coordinates you have will help you out.

http://www.mytopo.com/maps/index.cfm

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Most smartphones will let you add a FREE app that works OK. I have a Droid (ex-iPhone user) and the one I use most often is called GPS Essentials.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    Actually I just discovered that I can get AT&T navigator. Problem is I want to be able to type in grid references instead of addresses of which there are none in the middle of a tree plantation or forest. I was hoping to avoid the old way of map and compass(Which I will carry anyway) but it would be so much easier to be able to track deer and send the coordinates to my other buddies in the field so we can consolidate and bring in ATV's to move carcasses out

Top Bottom