• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I lost reception to the channels above 100 in June. The Comcast bill says "contact us Comcast: Cable TV, Internet & Phone | XFINITY® Official Site or 800-xfinity". I call and it says that number is not available to this region. Well that's great service. I try a couple more times but get the same message. I don't want to have a 3 hour internet chat and I rarely watch those lost channels anyway so I let it go. Wednesday I lose all the rest of the channels except local stations. I call again, same recorded message. What's up Comcast, you just not that into me anymore & changed your number? You telling me to leave you alone? I complain to a neighbor who gives me another number (that I later realize is 800-comcast). I finally get to talk to a live person & explain that I've tried to call several times this summer but the number on their bills is incorrect. She says they know it. 800-xfinity is supposed to transfer the call to 800-comcast but its not working. Why would a multi-billion dollar corporation not print new bills with the corrected phone number rather than lose contact with their customers? Printing cost would be tiny in their revenue. Guy came & fixed everything today.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I literally just dialed 800-XFINITY and it worked just fine. This is not an endorsement for Comcast. I'm incredibly annoyed they don't carry Comcast SportsNet Chicago. A channel with their freaking name in it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why would a multi-billion dollar corporation not print new bills with the corrected phone number rather than lose contact with their customers? Printing cost would be tiny in their revenue. Guy came & fixed everything today.

How do you think they became a multi-billion dollar corporation? They do not now, have never and likely never will give a crap about you or anyone else they provide "services" to. I'll never use them again. The only thing you can count on with them is a bill that shows up on time and is more than it was last month.

Good luck

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I literally just dialed 800-XFINITY and it worked just fine. This is not an endorsement for Comcast. I'm incredibly annoyed they don't carry Comcast SportsNet Chicago. A channel with their freaking name in it.
    I'll try it Monday when I call to complain about paying for services not received.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    How do you think they became a multi-billion dollar corporation? They do not now, have never and likely never will give a crap about you or anyone else they provide "services" to. I'll never use them again. The only thing you can count on with them is a bill that shows up on time and is more than it was last month.

Good luck
    Yep, their prices go up way faster than inflation.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Comcast General #: 800-934-6489 or 877-237-0576
    Comcast Technical Support #: 888-747-0905

These are the numbers I have used. I just checked them and I know they work. Good luck.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im no fan, but I really dont have much choice if I actually want something faster than dialup.

For a year, every month or two within the first 5 days our service would abruptly stop around 8am. I'd call and they would say the account was suspended automatically for non payment, but the billing system showed our account was paid. They took care of it quickly each time. Then one time It stopped because "our service speed changed and the modem needed to be re-provisioned" and rebooted and thats why, even though we hadnt made changes to our service.

Knock on wood its been stable for a few months now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I recently switched from Uverse to Xfinity (earlier this year) because Uverse jacked my bill up like they did every time my "special offer" ran out. Up until that point I had always been able to call their customer retention department and get the price knocked back down to where it was or sometimes even a little less. Not so this time, or so I thought. After going round and round with different representatives that allegedly worked in this department, I kept getting the same answer - that they could not get it lowered this time - UNLESS I switched to DirectTV, which I had no interest in doing.

So I made the switch. The transition was a nightmare. One person at Uverse told me to go ahead and return my equipment, which I did. Then someone with Comcast told me I needed to have my AT&T equipment (and lines) in place in order for them to port my phone number over to them. I informed them (Comcast) that their tech had removed all my lines, ran new ones, and disconnected all the AT&T equipment. It took about 2-3 weeks to finally get the number ported over. They assigned us a "temporary" number in the interim, which was a pain in the butt.

In the middle of all this, I get a call from AT&T's customer retention department and I explained to them all the hassle I'd been going through and was offered a better price, but by that time, I wasn't about to go through the same crap all over again to have the Comcast equipment uninstalled and AT&T equipment re-installed. I also let them know that their own representatives had told me that I could NOT get a better price. I was pretty fed up with both of them, but we kept the Comcast. It hasn't been horrible, but it's no faster than Uverse, and I've already had more service outages (albeit short ones) and problems than I had in the many years I was with AT&T. Lately, nearly every morning, the box that is connected to my tv on the deck says it needs to reboot to apply updates. Almost every single morning... really?? I may go back to Uverse once my Comcast contract runs out. Not looking forward to it, but I really do think Uverse is better, at least for us.

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Twice in recent months Comcast people have knocked on my door. I told them because of my past experience I would only use them if I had no other choice.
    Had them for three months and they simply were unable to provide reliable service.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I recently switched from Uverse to Xfinity (earlier this year) because Uverse jacked my bill up like they did every time my "special offer" ran out. Up until that point I had always been able to call their customer retention department and get the price knocked back down to where it was or sometimes even a little less. Not so this time, or so I thought. After going round and round with different representatives that allegedly worked in this department, I kept getting the same answer - that they could not get it lowered this time - UNLESS I switched to DirectTV, which I had no interest in doing.

So I made the switch. The transition was a nightmare. One person at Uverse told me to go ahead and return my equipment, which I did. Then someone with Comcast told me I needed to have my AT&T equipment (and lines) in place in order for them to port my phone number over to them. I informed them (Comcast) that their tech had removed all my lines, ran new ones, and disconnected all the AT&T equipment. It took about 2-3 weeks to finally get the number ported over. They assigned us a "temporary" number in the interim, which was a pain in the butt.

In the middle of all this, I get a call from AT&T's customer retention department and I explained to them all the hassle I'd been going through and was offered a better price, but by that time, I wasn't about to go through the same crap all over again to have the Comcast equipment uninstalled and AT&T equipment re-installed. I also let them know that their own representatives had told me that I could NOT get a better price. I was pretty fed up with both of them, but we kept the Comcast. It hasn't been horrible, but it's no faster than Uverse, and I've already had more service outages (albeit short ones) and problems than I had in the many years I was with AT&T. Lately, nearly every morning, the box that is connected to my tv on the deck says it needs to reboot to apply updates. Almost every single morning... really?? I may go back to Uverse once my Comcast contract runs out. Not looking forward to it, but I really do think Uverse is better, at least for us.

Sounds like me exactly. I just had Comcast back out yesterday...I am going to bite the bullet and pay early termination fee and go back to ATT. It's funny though.....because ATT is merging Uverse out. They tried telling me I had to have dish, but I was able to sign up with Uverse anyway online. Crossing my fingers it gets resolved and I get Uverse. I don't want dish, but ATT don't want tv on Uverse any longer....the are trying to free up bandwith for internet only. I don't get it. Anyone want to start a cable company?

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I saw that this week that AT/T was getting out of Uverse TV, they will have Uverse internet. Not sure when that is to take effect. Does any know the date? I do not want a dish. If I lived in a remote area it would be different. Not thrilled at all about going back to Comcast.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    It took FIVE separate appointments before AT&T hooked up my Internet. 3 no-shows (and no call to me), and 1 guy couldn't get into the room where the wiring was (not his fault; Xfinity should have a database of locations to show issues like that).

That' still MUCH better than the 11 weeks it took Comcast to provide TV.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    About 3 years ago I was having trouble with U-Verse reception. The service guy came out and ran a new cable from the main box down the middle of the floor in our hallway from the bedroom to the living room. He never did get the reception cleared up and left me with some cable and some tools. Said he had to go because they were going on strike that evening. I switched back to Comcast.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can't say that I've had any problem with their customer service once I got past the installation/phone porting issues. I've called them a few times when I've had technical issues and they've been very helpful. It just sucks that I've had to call them that much in such a short timeframe.

robbman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2016
    Shelby county
    Sounds like they may be starting to require a decoder for everything but basic. They did that here quite awhile ago and I went with an antenna after uverse started raising rates. It's just a move to charge extra for the cable box.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I am pretty much in the same boat as CameraMonkey, Comcast is my only choice available for high-speed internet. Switched to them about 6 months ago because between streaming video and online games we needed the higher speed net. The TV sucks now. We used to have Direct TV, and yes, it doesn't work during really, really heavy rainfall, but Comcast fails all of the time. I call their customer service now and then, they always explain there is some sort of problem in my area and knock $10 off the bill for that month. It's like a game, they pretend to give a hoot and I pretend the $10 is acceptable. I keep checking to see if there is faster internet available in my area yet, hoping that I can soon be a former customer.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    File a complaint with the state's utility board. They get their attention.

I sold a business about a year ago. It had POTS phone service for 30 years, through Ameritech/ At&t. And DSL service.

The new owner was informed that before they could transfer his service from me to him, At&t HAD to "upgrade" the location to Uverse.

I had installed all the networking equipment in that building, router and all. I spent over 3 HOURs on the phone with an At&T Uverse install tech once, that CLEARLY had NO IDEA what he was doing. NADA. Trying to get the router to work.

Long story short, it took 3 months for At&t to get the billing switched and to get the internet working. I went in the business to help the new owner after the Uverse ordeal with something else, and I took a look at the install job Uverse had done.
    OMG, took my nice neat labeled install and turned it into a complete and utter hatchet spaghetti job. Such a joke. They must be hiring x walmart greeters as install techs. :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom