• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Beware Comcast cable company. I moved from Johnson county to Marion county. Although I only actually moved about 5 miles it put me in a different Comcast district, so the installer had to replace all my cable boxes and my modem. Ok no problem whatever he does the instal and takes all my old equipment with him its all good right?

WRONG!!! About a month ago I receive a collection notice from an agency in Texas charging me $485 for equipment not returned. At first I wasn't too upset anyone can make a mistake so I call Comcast and supposedly its all worked out. I also called the collection company once again its supposedly all worked out. Since that time I have over 5 calls to Comcast spent at least 6 hours of my time on the phone each time supposedly solving the problem, but then each week I get a new collection notice. The newest one being today.

I dont know all the in and out of their company operation but it seems very wrong to me that a mistake on their part is now ruining my credit with this to me very large sum in collections. There must be some action I can take against them, I really dont know what to do???

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I moved apartments literally across the hallway and they charged me around $100 in installation fees. The Comcast guy came out and flipped a switch and that was it, because he didn’t have a clue how to navigate a Mac OS X computer. I just told him to make me a few coax cables and I would handle the rest myself. The guy probably wasn’t in my apartment 15 minutes.

I also got rid of my expanded television and he took the cable box but refused the take the remote. I basically had to toss it in his truck as he left because I didn’t want to get charged $$$$ for a remote control.

I absolutely despise Comcast, but unfortunately there is not a better option.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    sue them. seriously. yeah it might cost you alittle cheese up front but it will be worth it because they will drop their collection claims most likely by realizing you arent just gonna do their damn job for them. comcast is on of the worst companies I have ever done business with. I tell everyone to avoid them like the plague. they suck!

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    sue them. seriously. yeah it might cost you alittle cheese up front but it will be worth it because they will drop their collection claims most likely by realizing you arent just gonna do their damn job for them. comcast is on of the worst companies I have ever done business with. I tell everyone to avoid them like the plague. they suck!

I really wish that I could I do not have the cheese to even begin a case. That is where it is so ****ed up. It seems more and more in this country that the only ones that receive justice are those that can afford it. just a simple citizen like me up against a huge corporation... HA, HA they can do whatever they want to me and my credit while I have no recourse. Even once I might finally get this taken care of I will then have to go back and fight the credit bureau to get it off. Nothing comes off automatically but anything goes on at a whim.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Lots of advice here, but there's a much better option. Launch an EECB (Executive Email Carpet Bomb) that will reach Comcast execs who will fix your problem. CS reps jobs are to just make you go away, the EECB is designed to get the attention of people who get things done. Read this and use the attached email addresses (copy and paste). Write a good letter describing your issue and what you need resolved. You will likely be inundated with responses and someone will solve your problem. This one sucks, because because it's dinging your credit report, too.

EECB Results In Deluge Of Comcast Callbacks, Quick Fix - The Consumerist

This will work and won't cost you anything but some time.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Focus on getting the bill taken care of. The credit report can be taken care of. My wife and I had a similar situation with our insurance company. We got the bill removed but found out later we had the ding on our credit. We took the proper steps to have it removed as it was an error on their part. It was removed....never to be worried about again! :)

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    WRONG!!! About a month ago I receive a collection notice from an agency in Texas charging me $485 for equipment not returned. At first I wasn't too upset anyone can make a mistake so I call Comcast and supposedly its all worked out. I also called the collection company once again its supposedly all worked out. Since that time I have over 5 calls to Comcast spent at least 6 hours of my time on the phone each time supposedly solving the problem, but then each week I get a new collection notice.

Your problem is in bold.
    Write a letter stating please validate this debt and go from there.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    One other consideration would be to got to the state agency that regulates Comcast and file a complaint. I got their bundle when I moved here last year. It was a total nightmare in that the phone, tv, and computer couldn't be relied on. After several servic e calls, I fired them and went to AT&T. So far so good.

josh25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Johnson County
    I had to kick two comcast salesman off my property a while back. I thought they were gonna throw blows right there on my front porch over who was gonna get the sell. I wasnt even considering comcast at the time.

Drako

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lawrence
    I cannot wait to move from Anderson and be done with Comcast. I had a less expensive package and recently they took a few channels...so i called and they notified me that I had been "getting the channels when I wasn't supposed to" (even though they were on my channel list provided BY COMCAST) for all this time. And now, the situation has been rectified. Cannot wait to et somewhere where there are other options.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I signed up for Comcast when we just moved, the guy I talked to said my rate of 79.99 was locked for a year, it went to 89.99 the second bill I got last week. Monday will be an intersting day on the phone with Comcast.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I am moving in 2 weeks and have been researching cable/internet providers. When my girlfriend suggested Comcast I immediately flashed back to my awful interactions with their "customer service" when I was in college. Never will I deal with those people again. If I had to go without cable/internet I would do it rather than give them another penny. Even the most basic questions were met with hostility and condescension, they can go out of business for all I care. :twocents:

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    When we moved to OH from PA we bought a house that does not have cable to the property but we had Comcast in PA. Luckily we never had any issues. We went 2 years just watching movies through Netflix till we had a tornado at the end of our street, roughly 1/4 mile away. After that we decided to get an antenna.

I am happy not to have that bill every month to worry about. That is one or two extra guns I can buy every year depending on what I buy.

Top Bottom