• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Nope, it's not a scam by Comcast. They are much sneakier than this. This morning my wife, who is the primary on our Comcast account, got an email alleged to be from Comcast. It said there was a problem with last month's payment and we would be disconnected if she didn't reply to the email and INCLUDE HER CREDIT CARD NUMBER! That's so transparent as to be laughable but a friend who is an IMPD officer was having breakfast with us and said they had mentioned it at roll call earlier this week. Apparently people are falling for it. I know everybody here is way too smart to do this but maybe you know somebody who isn't quite so bright. Tell 'em not to get scammed this way.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh hellz, I got a phone call from my bank yesterday, no reason to think they weren't, wanting me to verify my phone number (you just called me, nonverbal micropterus salmoides, you know what it is), my address, or the last 4 of my SSN. I just kept saying no and she finally gave up and hung up on me. Never tell anyone anything unless you've called them on a number you've looked up for yourself. If they're calling you, just assume it's a social engineer trying to rip you off.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom