• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elcoqui814

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Hey everyone,

I have been doing a bit of research on holsters and I just can't figure out from all the research how a piece of plastic would feel around the back with an IWB. A few people say its great, comfortable, but do you feel the kydex sticking to your back etc?

elcoqui814

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    I just went to the grocery store and stuck the gun in my pants haha. I don't have a holster yet, I am trying to decide between leather or kydex. Was looking at these 2.

Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - The Infidel Holster
    or
    My original "Texas" holster

Just can't decide because everyone says both are comfortable but what about sticking to your waist, scratching of the kydex etc. I have a glock 19. Thanks for the replies. Sorry, I am still a noob.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    RAVEN RAVEN and RAVEN they will make you what ever you want and they have been super comfortable for me, nice guys too.

they make to order and not every model is on the site, give them a call or email and tell them what you want and they will make it. I would also HIGHLY suggest getting one to fit your favorite weapon mounted light. AWESOME HOLSTERS.
    Raven Concealment Systems - Holsters

elcoqui814

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    I have been conceal carrying recently by just having the gun tucked in my pants, no holster. (Chamber unloaded). I find that the super tuck is just to much for me as far as the holsters size itself. I want something that I can just grab and stick on my belt and go. The super tuck looks great, but just not what I am looking for. I just made the kydex purchase, so hopefully I will be happy.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    rmholsters.com the low rider IWB. I have this for my glock 27, and just love it. I wear it every where and at almost all times. I considering another for my compact 1911 but must admit I am also leaning toward the Tucker. I have a Raven coming for the FS guns OWB.

Last edited:

elcoqui814

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Just made my purchase and went with the Comp Tac. Everything seems out of my price for the mean time. Got a great deal from someone here selling on classifieds. Can't wait to get it.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Good Kydex can be very comfy. I've used both the Comptac CTAC and MTAC for full size 1911s, Glock 20/21, and Glock 17s. Just as comfortable if not more so than some of the cheaper leather IWBs I've used.

Based on reviews, I ordered up a Raven Phantom for my M&P, but I'll be waiting another 2 months for that one though. lead time is 75+ days.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Hey everyone,

I have been doing a bit of research on holsters and I just can't figure out from all the research how a piece of plastic would feel around the back with an IWB. A few people say its great, comfortable, but do you feel the kydex sticking to your back etc?

Here are some keys to making any IWB holster work better for you (and more comfortable):
    • proper belt that will support the weight of the gun and all of your other gear
    • pants that fit with the IWB holster in place
    • an undershirt between you and the holster
    Those make any IWB work better, whether kydex or leather.

The key things that can make a kydex holster more comfy than leather are that they are usually thinner (compared to a decently stiff leather holster) and they do not absorb sweat. If you think a piece of plastic against is not good, try a sweat-soaked leather holster, especially if it's rough-side out.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    You get used to the holster (leather or kydex) after time. Like wearing a watch, after constant use, you don't even realize that it's there.

Besides, who was it that said a gun isn't meant to be comfortable, it's meant to be comforting. :D

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I've tried dozens of IWB holsters: comp-tac, high noon, crossbreed, don hume, blade tech, raven etc etc. And out of everything a Kydex won in comfort, Raven Concealment. It's incredibly thin, and seems to follow the lines of my body. Perfect holster.

Top Bottom