Comingto a Nationl Health Plan near you!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    and why are they trying to free up beds? Because of the ridiculously long wait times that are also present in Nationalized Health Care.

I don't see why anyone would want to become a doctor, when you're getting it from both ends.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    That's typically called Hospice care. Its a nasty thing. But I have also cared for patients who should have died, but lived far past the Hospice date (typically 90 or so days) after having cardiac and other meds cut.

Sometimes people live whom we should let die, and times there are people who die who should be alive.

I provide care to a very similar patient, but it is not my call. Its the primary caregiver's and the physicians.

Many patients are sent to the hospital from LTC facilities, the hospital can't do anything and sends them home to die. Its brutal, but it is true. Its not euthanasia, it is accepting the entire process of life in which death is the culmination. People are taken off meds and put on comfort measures all the time.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Yes, but in Nationalized health care systems, it's done as a convenience for the hospital rather than as the logical choice for a chronically ill person.

71 with a pneumonia. Yep, you're a gonner.

At least we still have the option to pay someone to keep us alive for as long as we'd like.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I do not understand the desire to make everyone live every possible second that can be squeezed out of them. There are many people that have illnesses or conditions that make life not worth living, or not possible without extreme measures. Yet those people are all but forced to live with whatever pain and/or lack of life they have.

Reminds me of the battle Kevorkian had in the 90s with Michigan. If a person wishes to die, why should they be forced to live?

On the other hand, if the person is fighting to live, then who are they to tell them that they have to give up? I definitely do not trust the government to decide what is best for me or my family. That is a decision that is for us to make.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Exactly, it's not the government's job to decide when people die.

I don't want to live for months or years flat on my back, peeing in a bag and ****ting my pants. Getting bladder infections and bed sores and pneumonia. I'm not scared of death, because I know it's just another part of the process, and that I'll go on.

That doesn't mean that my choice should be everyone's choice though, and DEFINITELY not the government's choice.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    The person who pays the bill should get to make the decision. If you are paying for it yourself then you should get to make the decision, If it is your kids paying for it then they should decide, And if the government is paying the bill well you get where I am going with this.

this should apply in all aspects of life. If you buy your own food then you should get to choose what you want. If someone else is paying for it, well then just sit there and eat what you are given.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The person who pays the bill should get to make the decision. If you are paying for it yourself then you should get to make the decision, If it is your kids paying for it then they should decide, And if the government is paying the bill well you get where I am going with this.

this should apply in all aspects of life. If you buy your own food then you should get to choose what you want. If someone else is paying for it, well then just sit there and eat what you are given.

You've just laid a blueprint for totalitarianism. The government confiscates wealth then doles it out, and claims the right to direct everything because it now "pays" for it.

Top Bottom