• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    What's the big deal? A "straight" person can serve along side of a Gay person as long as they don't know about them being gay? What kind of BS is that?

I don't care what a soldier does in the bedroom, they are defending our country.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    What's the big deal? A "straight" person can serve along side of a Gay person as long as they don't know about them being gay? What kind of BS is that?

I don't care what a soldier does in the bedroom, they are defending our country.

not spent much time in a barracks have you?

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    There are a handful of Gay men in the fire dept also.... hasn't been a problem as far as I've seen. Biggest issue seems to be bunker gear fashion foe-paw :):

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I served with a couple of gay marines. They did their jobs, what they did on their time was their business. They always passed inspection, to say the least.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake

Whats that got to do with this topic?

If a person is gay they are GAY whether you know about it or not. It's not like they "cannot be gay because their comrades don't know".

I respect each and every soldier in the military. I don't care if they are white, black, purple, green, harelipped, bald, woman, man, combo he/she, gay, straight, Bi, etc.... they are putting their life on the line to keep my family free. :patriot:

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land

I have. Open showers, open bay. I have no problem with what someone does in their personal time, in private. i say do what they want with the freedom theyve helped to defend. However, needs not to be public knowledge for several reasons like those above, not opinions and for the sake of not turning this thread into a huge debate, ill leave it at that. Now im gonna make this extreme example, okay let gays serve openly, cool, no problem, then let's make the barracks and latrines co-ed. What's the difference at that point?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The commandant is spot on with his assessment. This subject really makes me sick. The liberal left wingers always attempting to water down true American values and common sense. This is a christian nation. Homosexuality is wrong on all counts. People attempting to sugar coat the subject are not our friends. Gays have no business in our armed services. Openly gay people certainly have no place in our services. The powers to be need to listen to the ones that really know. Sickening IMO.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    But who listens to THAT guy? He's only the ranking Marine in the entire world. The Chief of Staff, the Gen of the Army, and several generals, including Gen Petreus have said the same thing. Is obama listening?? Does he EVER? I agree with Dukeboy.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have no problem with homosexuals. I will admit that one's who feel the need to be flamboyant about it irritate the hell out of me. The only concern I have with allowing openly gay people into the military is that simply allowing them in soon won't be enough. I guarantee it will only be the first step and it won't be long before they begin to complain about not receiving special treatment in other ways. Forming gay soldier/marine/sailor organizations and demanding special this, special that, days off for national coming out day, rainbow cupcakes in the mess hall.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    The commandant is spot on with his assessment. This subject really makes me sick. The liberal left wingers always attempting to water down true American values and common sense. This is a christian nation. Homosexuality is wrong on all counts. People attempting to sugar coat the subject are not our friends. Gays have no business in our armed services. Openly gay people certainly have no place in our services. The powers to be need to listen to the ones that really know. Sickening IMO.

I agree with you on some points, I personally am against homosexuality HOWEVER our fore fathers set this country up on basis that every citizen be allowed the right of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. One has that freedom to chose homosexuality, however if chosen there is no place in the military to be flaunting it openly because not only of unit moral, but personal safety. As I said above, if they want to serve openly, okay, let's make the barracks and latrines co-ed. Also fyi, the US constitution that I swore to protect has religion seperate from the government aka separation of church and state and the freedom to worship any religion you want, even though a most of our fore fathers were christians, I don't consider us a christian country.

trafalga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy
    "Conway says these few gays don't cause a problem now because their homosexuality is not known publicly. But he said if their sexuality does become public, "90 to 95 percent of the Marines" he has informally surveyed are concerned about the consequences. Conway cited impromptu surveys he has conducted by a "show of hands" among Marines at town hall style meetings." quoted from above mentioned FoxNews article.

Sounds like a pretty solid stat to be passing around.

ed. note: not sure if that's the correct pantone for the "sarcasm" statements, but it should read as sarcasm.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    As I've posted many times on these threads, I was in for eleven years, I knew and knew of gay soldiers in every unit I was in, never saw it cause a problem.

Being in the military doesn't automatically mean you feel a particular way about this issue. Reasonable people can disagree.

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    GOOD FOR HIM!

As I have said before, our military is NOT the place to test social behaviors. For those that are fine with gays in the military, you are the problem. The military is inherently a life or death situation. Are you okay with testing a social behavior problem on our military with the lives of our young men and women on the line?? Because there has never been any problems with accommodating gays in the private sector. :rolleyes: Is the life of any American worth so little to you that trying it out because 'YOU don't see a problem with it', okay??

You see, what most of you (pro-homo agenda) people don't understand is that homosexuality is a behavior, it's not a race, religion, handicap, or other guaranteed protection under the US Constitution. It boils down to a bedroom preference. Should all the privileges be guaranteed to someone that wants to have sex with animals too? Let them be as long as they keep it in THEIR bedroom and stop trying to force it on the world.

When the last bastion falls, there will be nothing left worth defending. ~Me

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As far as the troops go, I think it is less of a problem for the youngest generation than it is for the brass.

My daughter, a Marine, is married to a Marine and she has no problem with gays in the military because the military is full of gays.

There were gays in the military when I served in the 70's. Everyone knew who they were and as long as they were not obnoxious, they were protected as brothers.

Everyone who wants to put their lives on the line for our freedom should be allowed to.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    GOOD FOR HIM!

As I have said before, our military is NOT the place to test social behaviors. For those that are fine with gays in the military, you are the problem. The military is inherently a life or death situation. Are you okay with testing a social behavior problem on our military with the lives of our young men and women on the line?? Because there has never been any problems with accommodating gays in the private sector. :rolleyes: Is the life of any American worth so little to you that trying it out because 'YOU don't see a problem with it', okay??

You see, what most of you (pro-homo agenda) people don't understand is that homosexuality is a behavior, it's not a race, religion, handicap, or other guaranteed protection under the US Constitution. It boils down to a bedroom preference. Should all the privileges be guaranteed to someone that wants to have sex with animals too? Let them be as long as they keep it in THEIR bedroom and stop trying to force it on the world.

When the last bastion falls, there will be nothing left worth defending. ~Me

No, the military isn't the place to test social experiments.

American lives, and particularly soldiers lives are very important to me. I've lived that value.

Yes, it boils down to a bedroom preference. The military should be nuetral on bedroom preferences. I happen to be straight, but I'm pretty damned kinky. The military never seemed to have an opinion one way or the other about that.

Why does this issue seem to bring out these imaginary trump cards? Agree or disagree, you don't have some kind of special hotline to the absolute truth.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    As I've posted many times on these threads, I was in for eleven years, I knew and knew of gay soldiers in every unit I was in, never saw it cause a problem.

Being in the military doesn't automatically mean you feel a particular way about this issue. Reasonable people can disagree.

Hmmm, eleven years? Did you take a short to re-up?

CorvetteTom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Why does this issue seem to bring out these imaginary trump cards? Agree or disagree, you don't have some kind of special hotline to the absolute truth.

I'm not sure I understand this part. You mostly agree with what I said and yet you disagree that I have an opinion? Are you arguing against my stance on the immorality of homosexuality and it's intrusion into society? :dunno:

Top Bottom