• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Ok this is getting unbelievably absurd. Has anyone else seen the new commercial with the surger dude sitting on the beach demanding the public send a letter to Obama demanding he reinstate the mortorium on off shore oil drilling?

He says offshore drilling is not the answer but does not give what the answer is. I am all for alternative energy. However, we must do things in a smart way. You can't just say ban the oil drilling. Put thousands out of work. Push up oil and gas prices. Hurt the economy, etc. etc. etc.

And here is a surfer dude, sitting on the beach, whose board was made in part from petroleum, his clothes, his car and thegas it uses; telling people who are concerned about providing for and feeding their family that they should help ban off shore drilling. Hey we would all like to be a surfer dude sitting on the beach all day without a care in the world but we can't.

WHAT AN ABSURD COMMERCIAL! Rant over.
    For now. LOLOL

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    My truck doesn't run on "hope & change" it runs on petrol.

& personally I'd much rather get that petrol from under the Gulf of Mexico than from under the sands of Saudi Arabia.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He says offshore drilling is not the answer but does not give what the answer is. I am all for alternative energy.

Funny that Brazil, Cuba and China all do not share this view.:D

It's not about the "enviroment" (the Greens have no problem with any other nations drilling); it is about keep the evil imperialists Americans down.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    People who cry about drilling and alternative energy have no idea what all oil/petroleum is used for. Look around you right now. You see things made out of plastic, or that have plastic in their construction?

Plastic is made from polymers, which come primarily from petroleum. We stop drilling, throw all those things away. Phones, computers, your cars, plastic cups, you name it. Not to mention how important polymers are in wastewater treatment. The polymer industry is huge.

We could all start driving electric cars tomorrow, and we'd still need to drill. Plenty.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMwU30Cw5q8]YouTube - Beach Boys - Surfin' USA (with Lyrics)[/ame]

Oh, oil, not surfin. My bad. :D

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The best alternative energy is nuclear, but you can't get it started without the professional hand-wringers coming out of the woodwork screaming and crying about 3-Mile Island and Chernobyl. We could be coal-free tomorrow if it weren't for the nuclear paranoids.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    Is the surfer dude related to Andy Griffith? Both seem to be extolling the benefits of some progressive wish list.

If that's not bad enough, our tax dollars are going to Brazil, Mexico, and every place else it seems to support other countries efforts for what we can do ourselves, but which have been determined by lunatics to be evil.

The next thing you know all of these countries will be sporting new SEIU & Teamster offices too.

Rant off...

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The best alternative energy is nuclear, but you can't get it started without the professional hand-wringers coming out of the woodwork screaming and crying about 3-Mile Island and Chernobyl. We could be coal-free tomorrow if it weren't for the nuclear paranoids.

QFT

I had an opportunity to take a up close and personal look at a nuclear reactor (well, it was twenty feet down in the pool, but close enough) this past spring. The information the people running the place provided made me really wonder why people don't get behind nuclear power. They also provided me with the answer to that question, ignorance and misinformation. That, and the money involved for building the plants and getting the ok from the government annoys the corporate monkeys at power companies.

It'd be a little easier here in IN. There's one already built, just sitting.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    QFT

I had an opportunity to take a up close and personal look at a nuclear reactor (well, it was twenty feet down in the pool, but close enough) this past spring. The information the people running the place provided made me really wonder why people don't get behind nuclear power. They also provided me with the answer to that question, ignorance and misinformation. That, and the money involved for building the plants and getting the ok from the government annoys the corporate monkeys at power companies.

It'd be a little easier here in IN. There's one already built, just sitting.

The one at Marble Hill? I heard there were some issues with the containment walls. Something about honeycomb... PSI shut that down when the cost went through the roof.

I wonder how much is still there, besides the concrete and buildings?

Top Bottom