Commie-fornia bans OC of long guns as well...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nope. Sure didn't.
    Don't get me wrong. I agree with what you said about them already having that right. I would categorize the situation as the the State not extending the privileges to the citizens of the State to be able to exercise that Constitutional right.

The question is does a State "privilege", or lack thereof in this case, supersede a Constitutional right? or should it?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nope. The Constitution and the Rights it supposedly protects are the "law of the land" and supersede all others. That's why this latest outrage will be heading to the courts, so California lawmakers can get the *****slapping they deserve.

Last edited:

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    The state cannot grant rights, only privileges. The people in Cali already have the right to keep and bear arms, they've just been convinced by the politicians, judges and lawyers that it ain't so. I lived out in the bay area for almost a year and carried all the time. Never had a problem. Didn't ask. Didn't tell.
    Well if you want to get into semantics, then the Feds need to tell the state to pound sand, and stop denying the natural rights endowed by the creator and enumerated in the constitution; to which they agreed to honor. And how much $$$ do the Feds give to CA each year while CA gives the middle finger to the bill of rights?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    This Californian needed his guns. Good story.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w[/ame]

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nope. The Constitution and the Rights is supposedly protects are the "law of the land" and supersede all others. That's why this latest outrage will be heading to the courts, so California lawmakers can get the *****slapping they deserve.
    I agree. Where the State runs afoul is when they enact legislation that serves to totally prohibit one from exercising their Constitutional rights and I would also disagree with those "hand ringers" who are saying that what the citizens did in protest for those rights being denied only caused them to lose more State "privileges" which they barely had in the first place.

I believe they were actually forced into that position and in the long run it may help to push the issue into the courts and possibly as far as SCOTUS level.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They knew full well when they became a state, that in the United States, we have the right to keep AND BEAR arms. The Feds need to tell the state to pound sand and give their citizens rights.

This is incorrect, the Bil of Rights were not fully incorporated to apply to the individual states at the time California was admitted to the Union, at least not from the federal perspective.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Boom! I knew those idiots in California were going to lose their rights after other idiots "trying to prove a point," (ie CopBlock-esqe types) started posting "gotcha" moments w/police on youtube. Now, a right that HAD existed (even in California) is gone to them.

I have always thought that about people doing the up in your face type stuff just because they can. Very much of that and then they can't.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have always thought that about people doing the up in your face type stuff just because they can. Very much of that and then they can't.

So explain to me how its their fault. They were denied other carry options. They were told that was the only legal way. And now its their fault???

Top Bottom