• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He's not 2 different people. He was one soldier. One with a separation that is "Other than Honorable"- end of story.

Except I would be interested in hearing the story.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Generally, given the 'free' education you are required to serve a certain number of years to repay the debt. There should be a bill coming...and possibly hoosegow time due to violation of oaths taken.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, for me, failing nuke school (unless it is determined I just can not understand the material) meant that I had to repay the Navy by scraping paint 3 months for every month of school attended.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    By my math the young commie was about 5 years short on the service commitment you pick up for going to a Service Academy. He resigned his commission, that's nice. He's now a Sergeant/E-5. Other than honorable is an administrative discharge (opposed to Bad Conduct or Dishonorable which are punitive/result of a Court Martial) but you lose benefits such as GI Bill (he's got a BS from West Point, GI Bill can get you a Masters), VA backed mortgage, etc. but not VA healthcare.

Hopefully they had enough on this POS to make the OTH DC stand up in appeal, if not it'll get upgraded and he'll get everything and bail on the military. Sounds like something a ****in commie would try to pull.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    By my math the young commie was about 5 years short on the service commitment you pick up for going to a Service Academy. He resigned his commission, that's nice. He's now a Sergeant/E-5. Other than honorable is an administrative discharge (opposed to Bad Conduct or Dishonorable which are punitive/result of a Court Martial) but you lose benefits such as GI Bill (he's got a BS from West Point, GI Bill can get you a Masters), VA backed mortgage, etc. but not VA healthcare.

Hopefully they had enough on this POS to make the OTH DC stand up in appeal, if not it'll get upgraded and he'll get everything and bail on the military. Sounds like something a ****in commie would try to pull.

Well, if he went into the military in 2010, entered West Point in 2012; graduating in 2016, if we assume his discharge occurred this year 2018. Wouldn't that be 1 year left, if the commitment was 5 years?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, if he went into the military in 2010, entered West Point in 2012; graduating in 2016, if we assume his discharge occurred this year 2018. Wouldn't that be 1 year left, if the commitment was 5 years?
    Nope. Its after hes graduated.
    I hope he has to watch his back for the rest of his life. He disrespected and betrayed the wrong group

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Depends on the math, his initial enlistment was 8years, the service academy requires another X (thought it was 8 but?)unless the balance of his original 8 was forgiven or superceded upon appointment to the USMA?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Depends on the math, his initial enlistment was 8years, the service academy requires another X (thought it was 8 but?)unless the balance of his original 8 was forgiven or superceded upon appointment to the USMA?
    I think it's only 4 (required) he can do more of coarse. But who knows what it is now. They lower standards for women to graduate Ranger school then lie about it and force everyone to sign NDA's so why not lower others too. I'm sure a lot more than I know of was ruined over 8 years of the Kenyan. Nothing is sacred anymore.
    Years ago this matter would have been handled internally.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Used to be 5 years after a service academy, but the 4 years at USMA would count towards his original enlistment. I’m not sure if he would still be on the hook for the remainder of that, but I doubt it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Used to be 5 years after a service academy, but the 4 years at USMA would count towards his original enlistment. I’m not sure if he would still be on the hook for the remainder of that, but I doubt it.
    Ah 5 not 4 ok. Probably not since he resigned his commission.
    I hope they really stick it to him

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Back in the day it was a 7 year service commitment for the service academy grad/you've passed the point of no return your junior year.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I wouldn't be shocked if he had to repay some of that. I believe the government can make cadets repay a significant amount if a they drop out or get kicked out after a certain point during their 4 years at the school.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Back in the day it was a 7 year service commitment for the service academy grad/you've passed the point of no return your junior year.
    This is not my area of knowledge for sure. But I hope he is forced to pay back the money. The government will still be out more anyways but it would be a start.
    Some Democrat connected company will scoop this ****bag up and he will have a great career most likely. Sad

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    What I don’t understand is how he managed to conceal his political views during the entire time he was at West Point ? ! I would have thought he wouldn’t be able to keep his true feelings unknown for that length of time.

What about out his oath to protect against ALL enemies foreign and domestic ? I would think that his actions would rate a dishonorable discharge.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What I don’t understand is how he managed to conceal his political views during the entire time he was at West Point ? ! I would have thought he wouldn’t be able to keep his true feelings unknown for that length of time.

What about out his oath to protect against ALL enemies foreign and domestic ? I would think that his actions would rate a dishonorable discharge.

I'm not sure being an admitted communist is still grounds for discharge. Now if he was part of an actual group committed to the subversion or overthrow of the United States, then obviously he's going to get kicked out.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This is not my area of knowledge for sure. But I hope he is forced to pay back the money. The government will still be out more anyways but it would be a start.
    Some Democrat connected company will scoop this ****bag up and he will have a great career most likely. Sad

This guy was prior-enlisted to boot. Prior E's going to a service academy isn't unheard of, but it's about as rare as a NIB pre-64 Model 12. There are a whole lot of people who had to recommend a USMA appointment, nobody chimed in with, "This ***hole is a communist!"??

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    deployed to Afghanistan in 2011....Deciding he could no longer stomach the immorality of US imperialism,

PTSD and trying to make sense of it? TBI?

https://sofrep.com/104349/update-co...r-receives-an-other-than-honorable-discharge/

LTC Robert Heffington was a West Point teacher who had numerous negative encounters with Rapone and after learning that the cadet was a Marxist, wrote a sworn statement about his concerns. It reads in part:
    At, best, Cadet Rapone’s online ideological screeds reveal the philosophical infatuations of a precocious adolescent, rather like a school boy who cannot stop spouting off about Nietzsche. The “misunderstood” and “persecuted” young genius shouts truth to power by cobbling together ideas and quotations popping up in chat rooms or on Facebook walls, certain that his provocative and shocking proclamations will, based solely upon their vehemence and sarcasm, demonstrate both the profound sincerity and the unassailable correctness of his viewpoints. This phase tends to be ephemeral, the erstwhile youthful firebrand eventually emerging from the self adulatory fog after eye-opening encounter with equally brilliant people articulating cogent, well-supported, and entirely contrary arguments, or having gained sufficient life experience to illustrate the fundamental interpretive emptiness that renders any strictly Manichaean worldview emotional unfulfilling and analytical bankrupt. At worst, however, Cadet Rapone’s statements bespeak either a severe mental or psychological disorder, or a genuine commitment to values and ideals wholly at odds with those of West Point and the Army.

(Bold added) While I suppose it's largely irrelevant, I'd be curious if a mental disorder is at the root of his Marxism. Some delusions of grandeur, re-writes his own history, becomes his own little Tom Clancy character and gets off on being subversive but needs to get caught so people can see how much more clever than them he was while being subversive...If you're really smart enough and dedicated enough to a cause to some decade(s) long "long con" to damage an institution from within, do you give yourself away on social media in such a ham-fisted way?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Yeah and some of the screening he had previously went through should have thrown some red flags. Maybe BBI is onto something

Top Bottom