Common core curriculum -- a Trojan Horse for a liberal agenda?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The CCS is put together by a group that receives suggestions from outside sources. The list is only a suggestion or a guide for teachers to either introduce their students to the readings or similarly complex texts. I've not seen where the readings are required, even in Alabama. If a school board desires to make the texts required reading, they can certainly do that, but parents still have the ability to insist on having options for their children if they find the readings objectionable.

I served on a school board for three years and although we didn't establish required readings, the few parents that came to the meetings usually let us know how they felt if something was going on the classroom they didn't like. I wonder why this story made the news? As for the objectionability of the text or its subject matter, I have not read it and based on the excerpts provided, I would not offer it to my children to read. If it was presented as a required reading in my school district, I would be at the board meeting to voice my opinion and suggest alternatives.

Public school is dumped on a great deal, but if the parents who put down public education would have spent as much time volunteering and attending meetings as they do in their private schools, maybe they would have had a better experience. Don't get me wrong, I believe private school is a good choice, just like any other school, but that doesn't make it the best option for every student and family. If I looked, I could find reasons to put my children in private school, but I've gotten a great result from the efforts we've put in our system.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Public education is an indoctrination machine. Is anyone thus surprised that its attempts at indoctrination are becoming more blatant? The facade is slipping from the veneer of 'education'.

Homeschool your children or don't be surprised when they come countermanded to your instruction and hostile to your values.

It's a blessing if your children have gone on to do great things and have never wavered from the teachings you and your wife provided. Most are not as fortunate, no matter what they do to protect their children from the sin-filled nature of this world. We can only teach them and hope if they choose a different route, they will remember the foundational teachings they were raised to believe.

Homeschool is a great option, but it's not the best for all students and parents.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    anyone heard of that k12 online homeschool thing? seems kinda interesting, though i wouldnt want my kid purely learning from a computer screen, it does seem as though options for homeschooling help via software or the internet are growing and seem pretty favorable.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    It's a blessing if your children have gone on to do great things and have never wavered from the teachings you and your wife provided. Most are not as fortunate, no matter what they do to protect their children from the sin-filled nature of this world. We can only teach them and hope if they choose a different route, they will remember the foundational teachings they were raised to believe.

Homeschool is a great option, but it's not the best for all students and parents.

If not homeschool, then places like FPEUSA.org.

Deny the State its opportunity to brainwash the children.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If not homeschool, then places like FPEUSA.org.

Deny the State its opportunity to brainwash the children.

That may be a good option, as well.

Attempts at altering the beliefs we teach our children will be made by many. Hopefully, by teaching our children the difference between right and wrong will help them to make the right choices. The problem I see is that some parents refuse to tell their children what is right and leave it up to them to discover the answer on their own.

I believe it's better to teach and impliment. My wife and I teach our children and let them put those lessons into practice at school. Sometimes they make the wrong choice and correction is needed. I could keep them at home or put them in a school that is completly alligned with our beliefs, but that will not be the world in which my children will live.

If you don't mind me asking, when your children graduated and went into the world, did they appreciate being homeschooled?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

Attempts at altering the beliefs we teach our children will be made by many. Hopefully, by teaching our children the difference between right and wrong will help them to make the right choices. The problem I see is that some parents refuse to tell their children what is right and leave it up to them to discover the answer on their own.

I believe it's better to teach and impliment. My wife and I teach our children and let them put those lessons into practice at school. Sometimes they make the wrong choice and correction is needed. I could keep them at home or put them in a school that is completly alligned with our beliefs, but that will not be the world in which my children will live.

If you don't mind me asking, when your children graduated and went into the world, did they appreciate being homeschooled?

Of course - being homeschooled does not lack anything that public education does, save the agenda.
    Socialization still happens. There are even social mixers and dance arrangements. Very much appreciated.

HSLDA: Homeschooling Advocates since 1983

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanHomeschoolAssociation

NHSAA - National Home School Accreditation of America - Home

Research Facts on Homeschooling | Research

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Of course - being homeschooled does not lack anything that public education does, save the agenda.
    Socialization still happens. There are even social mixers and dance arrangements. Very much appreciated.

HSLDA: Homeschooling Advocates since 1983

https://www.facebook.com/AmericanHomeschoolAssociation

NHSAA - National Home School Accreditation of America - Home

Research Facts on Homeschooling | Research

Mine appreciated it as well. Thanks for the links.

I never suggested that homeschooling lacks anything. Your children were properly educated and and are positive citizens. I'm sure they did well in college and have productive families and careers. You did well raising your children. I simply choose not to agree that your choice in education resources for my children is the right one for my family.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I never suggested that homeschooling lacks anything. Your children were properly educated and and are positive citizens. I'm sure they did well in college and have productive families and careers. You did well raising your children. I simply choose not to agree that your choice in education resources for my children is the right one for my family.

Okay, well that's fine.

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi

I believe you've pointed out a major problem in our world today. I suggest not some, but many, parents do not teach right or wrong and let their children decipher it themselves. Then when questionable material is presented to them by people they are supposed to respect, they can easily come to the conclusion, or be persuaded, it is the norm.

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I believe you've pointed out a major problem in our world today. I suggest not some, but many, parents do not teach right or wrong and let their children decipher it themselves. Then when questionable material is presented to them by people they are supposed to respect, they can easily come to the conclusion, or be persuaded, it is the norm.

Truth. Be a role model and set an example, or you and your progeny, sometimes for generations, suffer the consequences.

onemanout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Public education is an indoctrination machine. Is anyone thus surprised that its attempts at indoctrination are becoming more blatant? The facade is slipping from the veneer of 'education'.

Homeschool your children or don't be surprised when they come countermanded to your instruction and hostile to your values.

I agree with you 100% on your comment. That is part of the reason my wife and I decided to homeschool our children. I feel that public schooling is a much more dangerous choice. I sleep well at night know that my children will share my values. The state hates anyone who stands on values.

I say 'good luck' to parents who turn their children over to pubic schooling.

onemanout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Glad my high schoolers are not in public school. Look at what is part of the curriculum for 11th graders -- filth and smut, straight from the same cesspool of "free thinking" that brought us one of the greatest mind and society polluters of our age, Hollywood. This stuff is disgusting. Would you want your teenage daughter or son reading it? The only states that have not adopted the standards are Alaska, Texas, Nebraska and Virginia. Minnesota has adopted only the English standards.

?He Wanted To F*** Her? ? Common Core Reading For 11th Grade Includes Incest & Explicit Sex // Mr. Conservative

Here is a great anti-common core site: Truth in American Education I have been following their posts for about a year now. Common Core is a tool to help implement UN Agenda 21. Inform and protect yourself against this insidious agenda.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom