• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That is a pretty strongly worded bill and looks like it protects Hoosiers from laws that the state finds to be unconstitutional. It also looks like it would make enforcing a law that the state has nullified a class D felony.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    That is what I gathered as well but I am quite thrown off that it places us under the rule of English Common Law as well. Maybe I'm reading too much into it which is why I asked for additional input.

tmusall

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    I don't know much about English Common Law either, but I liked what I read in that bill. Time to let our reps know that SB 230 is a go.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    That is what I gathered as well but I am quite thrown off that it places us under the rule of English Common Law as well. Maybe I'm reading too much into it which is why I asked for additional input.

I read it yesterday, but, as I recall, it specified Common Law prior to the Hanover Dynasty and well prior to the Founding period. I assume its purpose is to preserve the Common Law rights pre-existing and not otherwise enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I read it yesterday, but, as I recall, it specified Common Law prior to the Hanover Dynasty and well prior to the Founding period. I assume its purpose is to preserve the Common Law rights pre-existing and not otherwise enumerated in the Bill of Rights.

:+1: For those not gathering the significance, this is a tool for establishing the meaning of the Ninth Amendment.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Thanks for the Replies! I haven't read the link yet but Planon it tomorrow.

On a side note, as this bill is written, could the government simply find the bill unconstitutional and subsequently cause it to void itself?

Top Bottom