• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    If you carry a firearm, you need to accept the possibility your going to be confronted about it. The choices you make will decide how much and how often you will be "hassled" about it.

BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    Some sure do seem to go out of their way to do it

Now I DO have a problem with this... Some cops seem to go out of their way to screw with people. Most cops can tell your legal without even talking to you, did you know that? Yep, they're taught to look for holsters as most felons just Mexican carry. 99% of the time it's just regular everyday LEGAL Joe's/Jane's using holsters.

BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    If you carry a firearm, you need to accept the possibility your going to be confronted about it. The choices you make will decide how much and how often you will be "hassled" about it.

I'm not disagreeing with you but some cops do seem to have a hard on for people expressing their civil liberties (not just the second).

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I'm not disagreeing with you but some cops do seem to have a hard on for people expressing their civil liberties (not just the second).
    Absolutely. Cops are nothing more than people. There are good ones, bad ones, really bad ones, and great ones. Any situation you can come up with, there is a certain percentage of people who do it. The only difference is job title. I have no respect for bad cops, they give all the good ones I know, a bad name.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    The police generally didn't go onto the property unless they were numbered at least 10... Even then it got kinda scary.
    I would call the police if I seen known gang members openly carrying guns. If the police did nothing, I'd file a complaint or call the mayor's office. Or Channel 6 or something. Am I a rat or a tattle tale? Absolutely. I'll report criminals breaking guns laws every time I see it.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had a cop tell me "Unless that's a pop gun, you better cover it up" when I was OCing close to 20 years ago. When I asked why, because he was off duty, old and out of uniform, he flashed a badge and said "That's why". That ridiculous man didn't even ask to see a permit, which means he figured I was legal, but his bad behavior doesn't represent most of the police I've run into. You can expect that kind of nonsense from some police though, if you OC. A few of them just don't like it and forget their place, which is law enforcement, not inventing power they don't have then imposing their will on the general public.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Sorry that happened. Cops like that have no idea, or no concern, the repercussions of their actions when they behave that way. I grew up in a small county, (or at least compared to the cities Ive lived in) and all the deputies were good guys, so I think I just have more respect for the position.

BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    I would call the police if I seen known gang members openly carrying guns. If the police did nothing, I'd file a complaint or call the mayor's office. Or Channel 6 or something. Am I a rat or a tattle tale? Absolutely. I'll report criminals breaking guns laws every time I see it.

I'm not trying to be inflammatory but that sounds very naive. There are plenty of places in this country where even the news crews won't go, let alone the mayor, police or anyone NOT from that neighborhood. It's nice that you take care of your neighbors and your friends and family, however there are places where you can get shot/killed for calling the cops.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm not trying to be inflammatory but that sounds very naive. There are plenty of places in this country where even the news crews won't go, let alone the mayor, police or anyone NOT from that neighborhood. It's nice that you take care of your neighbors and your friends and family, however there are places where you can get shot/killed for calling the cops.
    I wouldn't advertise that I called them. I am not in the business of getting shot. If enough noise was made though, the police would come.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well you keep thinking that... Real life proves otherwise, however.
    Real life proves that I am right. Criminals don't OC their guns. Can you find a few examples of criminals OCing guns? Sure. It's a big country, you can find examples of everything, but do criminals, as a rule, OC their illegally possessed guns? NO, they absolutely do not. I am very confident that I am 100% correct about that.

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    So... In uniform, and conceal your gun, you're the target.
    no uniform, and open carry, you're the target.
    GOT IT!

and the reason most off duty Leo conceal is because of department policy.
    lmfty.

Conceal in uniform, target.
    Open carry out of uniform, target.
    Conceal out of uniform, target.
    Open carry in uniform, not a target.

Now where can I get me a uniform?

Well you keep thinking that... Real life proves otherwise, however.
    Real life supports exactly what he said...

BlackDog714

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenwood
    Real life supports exactly what he said...

Maybe in Indy, but thats not the real life I have experienced in many other places in the country. Seattle, LA, The Bronx, and although I've never been there, I have one of my best friends grew up in Cabrini Greens, ****cago.

Also remember the police HAVE NO DUTY TO PROTECT YOU...

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    You're correct, the police have no duty to protect you. They do respond to calls though, especially if numerous calls are made with the same complaint. Don't get me wrong, I do agree that in some instances it may take them awhile because of whatever reason, but I've lived in 5 or 6 cities, and they've always responded.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Absolutely. Cops are nothing more than people. There are good ones, bad ones, really bad ones, and great ones. Any situation you can come up with, there is a certain percentage of people who do it. The only difference is job title. I have no respect for bad cops, they give all the good ones I know, a bad name.
    Bad cops influence how you feel about cops that you know?

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I realize we live a "free society" where folks (like me) have many and varied opinions. I know what I'm going to say will make some angry. I'm, frankly, past caring.

I carry concealed everyday, most recently with my M&P Shield in my new G-Code Incog holster. I consider it a responsibility, not unlike carrying insurance, in order to protect my family, myself and those around me - there are a lot of bad, bad people out there. Just lately I've seen more open carry folks while I'm out and about than I've seen in all my life. I sort of understand the thinking but I just think it's dumb.

To me, whether we can or can't open carry isn't even part of the issue. If you are not a member of law enforcement and you're open carrying, IMHO, your losing the element of surprise and potentially inviting trouble where it other wise wouldn't be. I've thought about this for quite a while. The positives for allowing others to know without a doubt that you are armed doesn't even come close to the negatives.

And I'm just going to say it, if you happen to be one of those people who feel big and think you are gaining respect of others because you have your weapon out there, no offense intended, grow up please.

^^^^this!!! :wow::twocents::+1::soapbox:

Top Bottom