• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I dont know why guys want to be cooped up in a car isolated from the world.

1. It's not always a choice. Some officers use what little down time they get on a shift to reduce the amount of work they have to do once they get off.

2. Until you've worked some areas you don't understand how things operate. There are plenty of areas in Indianapolis where (as an officer) you'd get more response talking to the squirrels than you would trying to strike up a conversation with a human being.

When I worked the street it was an unusual day where I got to complete a meal, the vast majority of the time I was going run to run to run. Policing larger metro areas and policing smaller rural areas are dramatically different and each has its ups and downs. Sounds like you're working in an area that is right for you, you probably would not have been happy on IMPD.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I understand what youre saying. That comment was mainly directed to my original post and another dept. i applied for. Theres been several days where we were call on call all day long (full moon maybe?) and then days where i did nothing but paper work and try to resist throwing the computer out a window.

Im young (22 when i was hired 23 now) and wanted to start small before jumping into a larger dept. youre probably right in saying i wouldn't like impd and its nothing against them i just like being on a first name basis with pretty much the whole town which is something i cant do in a larger city.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I understand what youre saying. i just like being on a first name basis with pretty much the whole town which is something i cant do in a larger city.
    Well, you can, but it takes a REALLY long time and they don't always give you their real name.

;)

Top Bottom