• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haymaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Jennings County
    I would suggest you record some of these choices that have been mentioned, go to a gun store and handle them. Get a sence of what they feel like, weight, size and balance. Shoot them if possible. Gotta love a 45 but there's nothing wrong with a 9mm or at the bottom end a 380. Good luck with your choice.

rphutchi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Glock 30 sf would be my first choice. The slim (or short) frame seems to fit my hand better. 10 +1 and the ultra reliability of the Glock platform.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Just got a second Para P12 at the 1500 from a private collection, no sales tax, no 4473, no nics. 3.5 barrel, 12+1 but no thicker than a 1911. It hides very nicely, at least on me. It's a little heavier, being an alloy frame vs tupperware, but it's solid. They don't make these any more, but I think the Warthog is essentially the same.

Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks a bunch for the recommendations, everybody! I think I may still end up with a 9mm just because of ammo prices (and what I can find from an individual. Being under 21 sucks :xmad:), but it's good knowing what other options are out there. Even if I don't start with a 45, it sure would be sweet to get one eventually...

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I personally really like the XD45 Compact. I find myself CCing this pistol more than others. Its just about the right size and I love the ergonomics of the XD's. I normally carry mine in a nothing special Fobus holster. It conceals well for me with a jacket on, which in the Winter here is most of the time. I find myself carry a SubCompact XD9 and a Kel tec PF9 in the Summer time. I have a thin build and its hard for me to conceal well even with some IWB holsters when I just have a T shirt on.

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Depending on the size of your hands I would consider the Glock 36 45 ACP. I carry this gun every single day. Glock 36 is a single stack where the Glock 30 has a larger double stack frame.

glock36.jpg

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I have a Sig Sauer P250 compact in .45 that I use for "winter carry" and I really like it. My grandson tried it and got the same gun in 40S&W. The .45 recoil is quite mild for a .45 and the trigger pull is long but light and smooth.

The "handle a lot of different guns before you buy" is absolutely right.

Top Bottom