• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Bersa 9UC Pro would fit the need quite well. They run about $350 and are excellent guns. The Bersa 380's have had some disconnector spring issues on a batch made around 2008, but the 9s are the best of their line. I've had mine since July or August and have put about 800 rounds through it without a single failure of any sort. I bought mine for the same reason you are looking for one. I wanted something between my full size 1911 and my 380s and it pretty much replaced my 1911 as my daily carry gun. I may change back to the 1911 with the colder weather, but will still carry the Bersa 9 with total confidence.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    How about a Smith and Wesson M&P compact?

109003_large_LRG.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The Bersa 9UC Pro would fit the need quite well. They run about $350 and are excellent guns. The Bersa 380's have had some disconnector spring issues on a batch made around 2008, but the 9s are the best of their line. I've had mine since July or August and have put about 800 rounds through it without a single failure of any sort. I bought mine for the same reason you are looking for one. I wanted something between my full size 1911 and my 380s and it pretty much replaced my 1911 as my daily carry gun. I may change back to the 1911 with the colder weather, but will still carry the Bersa 9 with total confidence.
    :+1:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Well, I've narrowed it down... a little...I think. haha.
    Melensdad- I agree I was originally looking at the CZ p-01 becuase it was "compact" and I had been wanting a CZ, but then I realized the dimensions and just kind of laughed at the word, "compact." I am intersted in the RAMI series though, didn't know about it. I also am definitely interested in the Sig. The Bersa, Taurus 24/7, and the S&W 3913, I don't know much about. I will check them out, but I would also appreciate any opinions between these. Also if you happen to know some prices (new and used) I would appreciate those. Thanks for all the suggestion!!

Last edited:
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    If price is an issue, there's always a Keltec P11 or PF9. I have a P11 and I like it. 11 rounds of 9mm in my pocket makes me feel pretty safe, and the gun functions flawlessly.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I would suggest the Kahr PM9 or CW9, both are smaller and lighter than my Glock 19

The PM9 is a little lighter (costs more) and the CW is cheaper ($409)

They also make a .40 and .45 version

kahr_pm9.gif

basswizard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Indy West
    Plus 1 on the Karh PM9. Perfect for concealabilty IWB (crossbreed Micro holster). I have a pocket wallet but for me is just a little too big for covert carry in jeans pocket that way. IMHO as far as 9MM go, it is the smallest, most accurate and reliable gun on the market that I would carry if my life depended on it.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If you dont have a money issue I recommend the EMP. The 40 cal is an all metal model where the 9mm is not. But they are a quality gun and a bit pricey but a hell of a gun. I have the 40 as my every day carry.

Top Bottom