• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bcleven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Whiteland
    I'm looking for some advice/input on a compact hand gun. Here is what I've looked at, Glock 19,Colt Defender Compact 45 SS,Sig 229R, Baby Eagle/Jericho 941. I not terribly knowledgeable about hand guns and want something that is accurate, durable, and easy to maintain.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I notice you didn't specify caliber. The XD45 Compact is similarly sized to some of the others you've mentioned, and is a very nice gun also.

bcleven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Whiteland
    Does anyone have some input on why these are better than the others. Or is it just all about personal preference? Looking at getting 9mm or 45.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Does anyone have some input on why these are better than the others. Or is it just all about personal preference? Looking at getting 9mm or 45.

I think a lot of it is personal preference, but Glocks, XDs and others have earned a good reputation for reliability. You might want to try and hold/shoot several and see what fits for you.

I personally carry both Glocks (19&23) and an M&P .40c and like them pretty much the same.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Sig > Glock

Honestly of your listed choices all would fit the bill. I would suggest finding a range and actually firing your choices. Anyone can tell you what works for THEM but can't tell you what will work for YOU.

Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    My personal preference is Glock. But you need to find out what is comfortable to you. I have owned and carried several different guns and Glocks are what I prefer. I would also add that Sigs or XDs would be good choices.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    SavageEagle carries a baby eagle in 9mm, IIRC.. he likes his just fine the way he talks about it..

Glock 19 (well, 23 in my case) is a good sidearm, but it may or may not fit your hand. Fit and feel is important, and you should really try them out before spending your $$ on one..

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Where can you go?? Well, you could post a thread about trying these firearms out and include your location - most times, if someone CAN show you a firearm and let you try it out, they will.

You're down on the South side (sorta kinda) of Indy, there's a bunch of INGO members down there. Heck, I bet if you PM Savage Eagle he'd meet up with you to let you see a Baby Eagle..

Barring that, the INGO BBQ is in June, and there'll be a ton of folks with different firearms there..

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm looking for some advice/input on a compact hand gun. Here is what I've looked at, Glock 19,Colt Defender Compact 45 SS,Sig 229R, Baby Eagle/Jericho 941. I not terribly knowledgeable about hand guns and want something that is accurate, durable, and easy to maintain.

Lookie there! You answered your own question!! :D

releo 37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Glock 19. To me it has a good feel to it. Easy to carry being a mid size handgun. Good magazine capacity. I did put some big dot sights on it and I have fired several thousand rounds through it with no problems

Top Bottom