• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So we did a golf outing last month and now want to put together a company shooting outing. We are in NWI and looking for more private land to shoot on. We thought about Jasper or Kingsbury but I think the DNR are a little to strict for what we are looking to do. Does anyone know anyone that would rent out some land or a private range?

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Reveres riders will do private events if that interests you. We can do pistol, or rifle, and possibly both depending on time. Pm me and I'll get you in touch with the powers that be if you would like more info.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Both of those sound like they might work. I tried to find some info on google about theuzibutton but I must be blind, I can't find out where the place is located??

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you have the full day, the RR experience would be awesome. I'm sure they could make an abbreviated version for a short day. Imagine it. Your coworkers getting to shoot AND learning valuable lessons in American history.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Not sure what part of the state you are looking for. But we had a company event at Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke about 2 weeks ago. It was GREAT!

Got to shoot a .50bmg rifle a couple of times.....shotguns.....full auto MP5....and our own pistols.....indoor & outdoor ranges. It was a great time. Highly suggested!

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Not knowing how large of a company this may be, or your said roll in the company. I'd be wary of insurance/waiver since you speak of private land. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just the first thing that popped into my head.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Sounds like we are just going to have to meet up at a State range. Thinking JP, I hate to do it but I really don't see anything else closer to me. I agree with the land comment by Void too, if it was my land I would not want a bunch of douche bags shooting on it ( and I work with them lol )

Tp222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Laporte
    My Union did a sporting clays shoot at the back fourty range by plymouth and it was outstanding, the course is great and they have a hall for food and awards after the event. I highly recommend them, there is also a sporting clays/ trap range in wheatfield that does a good job also.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    My Union did a sporting clays shoot at the back fourty range by plymouth and it was outstanding, the course is great and they have a hall for food and awards after the event. I highly recommend them, there is also a sporting clays/ trap range in wheatfield that does a good job also.

Yes this is a great idea. I did talk to them about going to Deer Creek in MI which should be about no more then an hour drive or less for everyone wanting to go. They have 36 stations and its about $60 per with a golf cart. Might be pushing this idea, plus sounds a bit more safe.

Tp222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Laporte
    Deer creek is a great location, they host alot of outings there and are comfortable dealing with people that have various levels of firearms experience to make it a fun time in a safe manner.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I'm guessing it involves a number of non-shooters. If so, I wouldn't even consider doing it anyplace other than a commercial setting. You pay them, they assume the supervision and the liability. Going cheap can get real expensive.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    If you do not mind traveling a bit our range in new haven ky can be rented by the day. You would have the place by yourselves (cept I might show up I have the key to the building with bathrooms). You can set up a grill or something and have a quick meal if you would like.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I'm guessing it involves a number of non-shooters. If so, I wouldn't even consider doing it anyplace other than a commercial setting. You pay them, they assume the supervision and the liability. Going cheap can get real expensive.

Segregate the newbies for the first hour or two so they don't get intimidated by the rest of you bearded warriors. Have someone to teach them safety, touch and hold a gun, shoot off some rounds. Let them join the pros later in the day after they have gotten over the jitters of their first trigger pull.

Top Bottom